Hou releases CB Colvin (last night's CB on Ginn). $7.5 million Cap hit for the cut. Signed last year for $34 million over 4 years

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Another HC off the Bellicheat coaching tree that fails

I don't think you can quite put Billy O in that club yet. He has won 3 division titles in his 5 years so far and is favourite to do so again. Now he is a maniac and a control freak but his record as a HC is certainly better than most of Belichik's disciples. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think you can quite put Billy O in that club yet. He has won 3 division titles in his 5 years so far and is favourite to do so again. Now he is a maniac and a control freak but his record as a HC is certainly better than most of Belichik's disciples. 

In the world of feeling and emotions, O'Brien is a failure.  In the fact based world he has moderately successful results as a head coach.  If McDermott wins 3 division titles in his first five years, Bills fans will be angry that Canton will not revise its rules to allow for the immediate inclusion of McDermott, you know because of feelings. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah he’s a decent coach but his ego limits him because he also wants to be the  GM (he has had control over the 53 since he got there) and don’t forget he doesn’t have an OC either, he does that too. He’s a belichick wanna be without the pedigree. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he’s a decent coach but his ego limits him because he also wants to be the  GM (he has had control over the 53 since he got there) and don’t forget he doesn’t have an OC either, he does that too. He’s a belichick wanna be without the pedigree. 

You are evaluating him on the 100% speculation that the team will fail down the road because of decisions made now.  Teams have two goals. Make money. Win games.  O'Brien is one of the small group of people who has demonstrated success for winning games in the NFL for at least a five year stretch. How many other coaches have 3 division titles in the last five years.  

Or are all coaches compared to BB's success? In which case every other NFL coach is a failure. 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Texans are #good. I thought I *could* be watching a SB preview last night. But I remind myself that boob is in charge and realize they won’t reach their potential. 

Please refer to BOB by his proper name...ass-chin.

• Haha (+1) 3

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/10/texans-cb-phillip-gaines-workout/

The Houston Texans signed cornerback Phillip Gaines to the 53-man roster on Tuesday evening after a successful workout.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the club is giving the former Rice Owl a one-year contract.

usatsi_11595985.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1 No the last team he was on was not Bills but it was last one he did anything significant.

• Like (+1) 1

Someone going to get a good nickle CB cheap. 

Texans are a top talent team being wasted by their idiot HC/GM BB wannabe 

If I am the Jets after how bad their CBS are I would immediately be on the phone with Colvins Agent. 

Heck I would be on board with Bills calling him in light of Neal ISNT a NB and Taron’s Injury 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Belicheck must need a corner, so he ordered his disciple to release Colvin so the Patriots* could sign him.

In light of your unkind remark, the league has awarded another compensatory draft pick to the New England Patriots. 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Others responded as I would have. He is by far more successful than the others, but his ego definitely holds him back. His power play to become GM this year and his moves since then are for the short term and is ultimately going to hurt this team in the long run. He's better than a bunch of HCs in the league (not saying much) and will most likely find a job after he is canned (even Gase & Rex got second gigs), but I really see nothing special about him...

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Others responded as I would have. He is by far more successful than the others, but his ego definitely holds him back. His power play to become GM this year and his moves since then are for the short term and is ultimately going to hurt this team in the long run. He's better than a bunch of HCs in the league (not saying much) and will most likely find a job after he is canned (even Gase & Rex got second gigs), but I really see nothing special about him...

No nor me. I just don't think it is fair to throw him in with failures like Crennell and McDaniels and Mangini. 

• Like (+1) 2