Hou releases CB Colvin (last night's CB on Ginn). $7.5 million Cap hit for the cut. Signed last year for $34 million over 4 years

Reed83HOF

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills should trade them Siran Neal for 2-1st rounders.

Considering they don't have a 1st rounder next year or the year after, the relative decrease in value of future picks, and the frivolous disregard that O'Brien appears to harbor for cap dollars, draft picks, and talented players I think he'd probably be more than willing to make it at least 3 first rounders... and at this rate he may even throw in JJ Watt and Deandre Hopkins if Beane asks nicely.

17 minutes ago, FLFan said:

O’Brien is a hilariously bad coach and manager.  The Texans are waisting a pretty good team with this dufus at the head.   

The Texans are #good. I thought I *could* be watching a SB preview last night. But I remind myself that boob is in charge and realize they won’t reach their potential. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Texans are #good. I thought I *could* be watching a SB preview last night. But I remind myself that boob is in charge and realize they won’t reach their potential. 

O’Brien will eventually “Doug Marrone” their season into mediocrity.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Texans' window will close very quick because of all of his GM moves. Watson is gonna get a pay day soon and they won't have cap space or picks to build out the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bill O Brien is dumb. No checks and balances in that organization. He’s trying to send a message but come on. 

Marrone’s buddy.....meat head fest with those two....I’m very thankful Marrone left, we had 2 years of the “Wrecks” s@*tshow and now are being rewarded with McDermott and the “ process”!

2 hours ago, transient said:

Considering they don't have a 1st rounder next year or the year after, the relative decrease in value of future picks, and the frivolous disregard that O'Brien appears to harbor for cap dollars, draft picks, and talented players I think he'd probably be more than willing to make it at least 3 first rounders... and at this rate he may even throw in JJ Watt and Deandre Hopkins if Beane asks nicely.

Trade for Watt immediately

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Colvin was seen as a top nickel backer when he was with the Jags... I don't know how he's done lately, but this feels like BOB being an idiot again. 

Bad contract for a nickel corner.  Seems like a terrible knee jerk reaction by BoB.  But, no need to cut him.  I do think BoB is doing a terrible job and self destructing Houston.

• Like (+1) 1