Josh Allen is a winning quarterback

The Bills Blog

We were behind when he went out in Houston. Just worth saying. Peterman did put us ahead with a TD pass before he predictably melted down. 

But I am really happy with where Josh is. There were some real signs of progress on Sunday - particularly in that first drive and the two 4th Quarter drives. Still room for growth and he needs to stay consistent but I really feel like he is on track to take the step we need him to take this year. 

• Like (+1) 11

33 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

His record is now 6-5 in games he's started and finished; it might be 7-5 had be been able to see the Texans game to completion.

Soon to be 7-5 for real and hopefully preserve a winning record for the rest of his career!

He was really bad in the Houston game. Being at the game, everyone thought he got benched when he left game. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He was really bad in the Houston game. Being at the game, everyone thought he got benched when he left game. 

No he wasn't! And if people "thought" the 3rd QB taken in the draft...selected at #7 in the first round...was being benched after just a few starts... Why, they weren't really thinking at all, were they. SMH. Your take doesn't warrant so much typing. I'll comply by calling it tupid.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We were behind when he went out in Houston. Just worth saying. Peterman did put us ahead with a TD pass before he predictably melted down. 

But I am really happy with where Josh is. There were some real signs of progress on Sunday - particularly in that first drive and the two 4th Quarter drives. Still room for growth and he needs to stay consistent but I really feel like he is on track to take the step we need him to take this year. 

I mean, were you watching the game? He was driving down the field when he went out with injury. Who knows how that would have turned out but at the time he went down I distinctly remember thinking "Josh is firing on all cylinders" and even he says the same, that he was starting to "Feel it" before that injury happened.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I mean, were you watching the game? He was driving down the field when he went out with injury. Who knows how that would have turned out but at the time he went down I distinctly remember thinking "Josh is firing on all cylinders" and even he says the same, that he was starting to "Feel it" before that injury happened.

Yep, you don't get benched right after completing a 40 yard pass!

• Like (+1) 3

The thing I like most about Josh Allen is that when he IS firing on all cylinders, nobody wants none of that heat.

He just has that huge ceiling where it could just be dynamite at any moment. We just need these coaches to work with him to elevate himself on a more consistent basis. 

36 minutes ago, theRalph said:

No he wasn't! And if people "thought" the 3rd QB taken in the draft...selected at #7 in the first round...was being benched after just a few starts... Why, they weren't really thinking at all, were they. SMH. Your take doesn't warrant so much typing. I'll comply by calling it tupid.

Peterman finished with a higher QBR & we had multiple illegal formations call prior to Allen getting hurt. Allen has improved greatly from that game, but let’s not pretend he was good prior to getting injured and the arrival of DA & Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

We will know much more in 7 games.  He looked good last weekend. Comp % was way up. Only a few balls that were far off target.  The pick six was not on him. 

Don't forget the two glaringly bad INTs he did throw, which never showed up on the stat sheet.  One was dropped by the DB when it hit him in the hands.  The other was negated by a defensive holding call on the Jets away from the ball.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't forget the two glaringly bad INTs he did throw, which never showed up on the stat sheet.  One was dropped by the DB when it hit him in the hands.  The other was negated by a defensive holding call on the Jets away from the ball.

Questionable decision on the first one,  may have seen the penalty and took a free shot the second one.  But guess what?  You can call them picks all you want but they weren’t.

should we say the two picks weren’t because they bounced off someone’s hand and luckily bounced into the hands of a Jet?

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Questionable decision on the first one,  may have seen the penalty and took a free shot the second one.  But guess what?  You can call them picks all you want but they weren’t.

should we say the two picks weren’t because they bounced off someone’s hand and luckily bounced into the hands of a Jet?

Cover 1 broke one of them down with Allen locked on Beasley which wasn't a great spot but pulled it back in before throwing it as he saw Brown was open and tried to squeeze it in to him. He ended up being late which allowed the DB to make a play on the ball. At the time we were down 16 and if he'd gotten to Brown on time it would of been a TD, so I can see why he tried to squeeze it in.

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

His record is now 6-5 in games he's started and finished; it might be 7-5 had be been able to see the Texans game to completion.

Soon to be 7-5 for real and hopefully preserve a winning record for the rest of his career!

You probably meant Charles Clay makes that catch at the end of the Miami game. It's all good because we got Ed Oliver at 9.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I suggest watching any other football game with the same critical eye we give every Allen pass. I think you'd be amazed how many "questionable decisions" are made by just about every NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You probably meant Charles Clay makes that catch at the end of the Miami game. It's all good because we got Ed Oliver at 9.

I suggest watching any other football game with the same critical eye we give every Allen pass. I think you'd be amazed how many "questionable decisions" are made by just about every NFL QB.

I agree.  But Allen has to learn his arm isn’t that good to try and make that throw when scrambling.  DBs are too quick to the ball.

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

He was but it is also a fact we were behind when he left the field. People talk sometimes as though we had a 14 point lead that we then blew  

• Like (+1) 1