Week 2 - Rooting Interests

psaleh

Not sure if this is done elsewhere. Please ignore/delete if so. I like to map out all the teams to root for to further the Bills changes of making the playoffs. Never too early to start. I ignore NFC vs NFC games for now. Would be interested to know if anyone feels otherwise about any of the games...

This week we are rooting for: 

Sunday Early:

- 49ers over Bengals

- Lions over Chargers

- Colts over Titans

- Miami over Pats d

- Bills over Giants

- Seattle over Steelers

- Arizona over Ravens

- Jax over Houston (Houston the better team)

Sunday Late: 

- Chiefs over Oakland (let KC run away with division title)

- Bears over Denver

Monday:

Browns over Jets (tough call here IMO)

image.thumb.png.994b6cb89277ad42e015e69013b27b37.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, psaleh said:

Monday:

I want the Jets over the Browns.

Would be good to see the Browns start out 0-2. And the Jets will do enough losing to not have to worry about them.

• Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, psaleh said:

Not sure if this is done elsewhere. Please ignore/delete if so. I like to map out all the teams to root for to further the Bills changes of making the playoffs. Never too early to start. I ignore NFC vs NFC games for now. Would be interested to know if anyone feels otherwise about any of the games...

This week we are rooting for: 

Sunday Early:

- 49ers over Bengals

- Lions over Chargers

- Colts over Titans

- Miami over Pats d

- Bills over Giants

- Seattle over Steelers

- Arizona over Ravens

- Jax over Houston (Houston the better team)

Sunday Late: 

- Chiefs over Oakland (let KC run away with division title)

- Bears over Denver

Monday:

image.thumb.png.994b6cb89277ad42e015e69013b27b37.png

we could be looking alright with a win this week. i can see  sanfran winning...Seattle over the steelers,  but i wouldn't bet on the colts. my surprise upset is gonna be that undrafted never heard of him rookie qb for the jags pulling off a win over the texans.....in houston.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I want the Jets over the Browns.

Would be good to see the Browns start out 0-2. And the Jets will do enough losing to not have to worry about them.

i would rather the browns put the jets org. on fire. besides, the browns will still win their share of games and i don't want to have them hanging around the wc picture.

21 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Jets over the Browns for sure.  Jets will fade the following weeks.

Makes sense for KC to run away in that division and hang L’s on everyone but it doesn’t feel right. 

i don't see it happening. i think rivers is gonna pull off double digits and the broncos or raiders could throw an upset in there. if teams can comfortably double sammy, he'll never get those numbers again this year.  chargers may be division winners.

obviously, that probably makes kc the top wc and then the bills vs. 2nd place in the south. i doubt one comes out of the north. pitt will get it together. who would wanna open against the pats.?  sheesh

Edited by billsredneck1

Honestly, I would root for the Jets over Browns.  The Jets have a murderous 5 weeks after the Browns game where they will be lucky to win one more time.  So I think Jets schedule will take care of them, so be better if Browns also keep losing.  

So even though Jets are divisional, I would root for Browns to lose based on their forth coming schedules.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, I would root for the Jets over Browns.  The Jets have a murderous 5 weeks after the Browns game where they will be lucky to win one more time.  So I think Jets schedule will take care of them, so be better if Browns also keep losing.  

So even though Jets are divisional, I would root for Browns to lose based on their forth coming schedules.  

i get that point, but if you've heard any popular opinions in nyc lately, one more bad loss will will nuke that staff, fans and city......yum!!!!  get the 3 count when you can.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

i get that point, but if you've heard any popular opinions in nyc lately, one more bad loss will will nuke that staff, fans and city......yum!!!!  get the 3 count when you can.

Oh yeah, believe me I got my apron and dinner plate on to feast on those tears hahahaha.  Just meant for the purpose of this thread, Browns losing is probably more helpful than Jets as the Jets will likely lose most of the next 5 games after the Browns.  To be fair though, I dont know Browns schedule over same stretch either though, that was a hot take based on what Jets are facing for 5 weeks.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh yeah, believe me I got my apron and dinner plate on to feast on those tears hahahaha.  Just meant for the purpose of this thread, Browns losing is probably more helpful than Jets as the Jets will likely lose most of the next 5 games after the Browns.  To be fair though, I dont know Browns schedule over same stretch either though, that was a hot take based on what Jets are facing for 5 weeks.

i don't think the browns are in as bad of shape. i think the ravens are a smoke screen, the steelers will bounce back and i don't want the browns to sniff 9-7. they got way too much talent not to get some game on....plus they could sweep cincy and balt.   nope , i'm all for an 0-2 jets. when they get c.j back....combined with darnold being the most productive qb the last month of last season, i'd much rather see the jets and miami in a basement battle.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't think the browns are in as bad of shape. i think the ravens are a smoke screen, the steelers will bounce back and i don't want the browns to sniff 9-7. they got way too much talent not to get some game on....plus they could sweep cincy and balt.   nope , i'm all for an 0-2 jets. when they get c.j back....combined with darnold being the most productive qb the last month of last season, i'd much rather see the jets and miami in a basement battle.

That was my point, Browns are not as in bad of shape, so its Bills best interest to see them lose again as they are by far a bigger threat to a playoff spot than Jets will be who at best will have 1 or 2 wins likely after 7 weeks given their schedule.  

Personally, I want Jets to lose, but point of this thread was who to root for to help Bills playoff odds, and a Browns loss does more for Bills than Jets loss likely does.  I cant see anyway (even with a win in week 2) that the Jets can be anywhere near .500 come week 8.  Browns on the other hand still have a better roster and just lost to a very good team people were sleeping on.  They more likely bounce back than Jets.  

I currently live in Ohio and all offseason all I heard was about how great the Browns were and how they were a playoff lock and potential Super Bowl team. I come into work Monday and not a word was said. Made me quite happy. So yes I wanna see the Browns implode badly lol 

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That was my point, Browns are not as in bad of shape, so its Bills best interest to see them lose again as they are by far a bigger threat to a playoff spot than Jets will be who at best will have 1 or 2 wins likely after 7 weeks given their schedule.  

Personally, I want Jets to lose, but point of this thread was who to root for to help Bills playoff odds, and a Browns loss does more for Bills than Jets loss likely does.  I cant see anyway (even with a win in week 2) that the Jets can be anywhere near .500 come week 8.  Browns on the other hand still have a better roster and just lost to a very good team people were sleeping on.  They more likely bounce back than Jets.  

i do agree with your points. i just get giddy at the tire fire that would erupt if the browns ground the jets. after week one, it's already smoldering.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1