Patriots trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

BB fuming over losing that 6th round pick for Bodine and needed to get one back.

The joke's on him.  A pick in 2 years is worth 2 rounds later so it's an UDFA.

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

Seriously Jets??? Why do teams insist on giving the PATs draft picks for players that would have been cut.  This proves to me that the Jets will be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future.

The Bills just did that to the Cheaters with Bodine.

Edited by Doc

15 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm feeling that it's 2007 all over again. The only record they don't have is an undefeated season. I think it irks Brady the most because that one got away, maybe Hoodie too. Whether they can actually do it or not, who knows. I think there are a couple of teams built like the 2007 Giants that can get'm though. 

I'm hoping one of them is the Bills....

11 hours ago, Doc said:

The Bills just did that to the Cheaters with Bodine.

We gave them a mediocre to below average player for THEIR draft picks.  We didn't take garbage off their hands and provide draft capital.  Big difference.

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

We gave them a mediocre to below average player for THEIR draft picks.  We didn't take garbage off their hands and provide draft capital.  Big difference.

True.  They took garbage off "our" hands and provided "us" with draft capital.

17 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Trade within the division usually means the player is on his last legs. (I'm lookin at you, Bledsoe)

His last legs came in season 2 in dallas. He was arguably in his prime coming to buffalo. The league was changing, and they couldnt keep a sb winning qb on the bench. There wasnt a huge qb market, so you take the 1st rd pick where you can get it - ESPECIALLY  if you are the Pats

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Wasn’t Anderson playing injured in that game? I remember he was listed as questionable. Got a feeling Gase is gonna do the same thing to him as he did Ajayi 

If I were the Steelers, after seeing Moncrief on the field I would be calling the Jets this morning and seeing if I couldn't pry Anderson out of them.  Would love to get him in here but given Foster's lack of role, it doesn't seem like Daboll is overly interested in having 2 guys on the field who can stretch it at the same time and the likelihood of dealing him within division is low.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If I were the Steelers, after seeing Moncrief on the field I would be calling the Jets this morning and seeing if I couldn't pry Anderson out of them.  Would love to get him in here but given Foster's lack of role, it doesn't seem like Daboll is overly interested in having 2 guys on the field who can stretch it at the same time and the likelihood of dealing him within division is low.

Meh this is Adam Gase we’re talking about. Maybe we can call this year the juggle the 6th round draft pick year. We ship Bodine for a sixth, Pats ship Thomas for a 6th. Hell, let’s offer the Jets a 6th for Anderson