Watkins & Raiders

SloanBillsFan

3 hours ago, SloanBillsFan said:

Wasn't really a fan of the original Sammy Watkins' acquisition and not particularly a Raiders fan but...

Am glad to see that #14 is finally healthy after nearly a half-dozen years.

Also tickled almost pink that the Raiders put together a win after all the AB drama.

DISCLAIMER: Just as long as my appreciation does not come back to bite the Bills in the playoffs. ?

Im ecstatic for you. By posting this about a former payer on the wrong team it earned you two much needed reputation points. You can probably start posts soon.

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

It really took Watkins 5 years to get over his foot injuries? 

I will be curious to see if Mr. Decoy produces next week— but I will say that from the week 1 highlights, he looked like a totally different player. 

It’s traditionally a 2 year recovery for what he dealt with. 

I think you can mark him down as 2 good years, 2 injured years and a down year with the chiefs through 5 seasons. 

This will be an interesting crossroads as year 2 in the system, fully healed, and their top option 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fletcher6490 said:

I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty FF league and I've held on to him his entire career. I made a big trade right before week 1 and finally unloaded him, thus ending the curse I apparently had on him. Of course the team I traded him to was the team I played week one and the guy torched me. I don't care what anyone says, if I hadn't of traded him he would have had 2 catches for 17 yards and a high ankle sprain. 

I might have helped.. First year I haven't drafted him. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Any relation to Lenny?

And yes Sammy or "boo boo foot" as his detractors call him is pretty great when he's healthy and hopefully he's turned that corner.   He'll be a free agent after 2020 ya' know.:devil:

The same detractors who used to call Kyle Williams "boo boo foot" back in the day?

I always liked Sammy and always will, he's a damn good receiver but he was injured a lot in buffalo and we just didn't have the QB for it anyways. Still, Watkins and Tyrod put together a probowl season under Roman the first year.... 

Anyways, I pick watkins up usually in fantasy he is still on the cheaper side and sometimes he delivers huge. He has incredible ball-tracking skills and that "5th gear"! 

Some day, the bills will have a receiver just like that for Josh Allen, but for now we got SMOKE and I'm okay with that!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Still trying to figure out why Bills fans hate him so much.... it's not like he asked tk be traded.

A WR group of him, Brown and Beasley would look fantastic right now.

I think the Sammy detractors are in for a very, very disappointing season. He's gonna have a monster year in that offense. Best to just let it go and recognize the FO made a mistake.

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Still trying to figure out why Bills fans hate him so much.... it's not like he asked tk be traded.

A WR group of him, Brown and Beasley would look fantastic right now.

I could never understand it but I also watched Watkins play at Clemson and knew he was a true gamer.

His 16 catch 224 yard performance on a bad knee in the 40-35 win against Ohio State in the Orange Bowl in 2014 was epic.

He didn't need to play in that game.    Many players sit out that game.......definitely if hurt.   

And IMO that game was a big boost to the Clemson program which was always kinda' known for having lot's of talent and no guts.

I think some Bills fans who didn't know him assumed this guy was a soft, diva WR and labeled him so when things went wrong they could trash him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:43 PM, fansince88 said:

Im ecstatic for you. By posting this about a former payer on the wrong team it earned you two much needed reputation points. You can probably start posts soon.

Geez! Grateful for the points although I don't generally pay attention to such but, for the record, I did apologize for assuming everyone would understand what I meant. In the (nonexistent) words of DJ Magic Mike, "I should have been more 'claritive'". ? 

On 9/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Any relation to Lenny?

And yes Sammy or "boo boo foot" as his detractors call him is pretty great when he's healthy and hopefully he's turned that corner.   He'll be a free agent after 2020 ya' know.:devil:

Yeah. He should come to Buffalo because he always played as Buffalo on PlayStation when he was 13 yrs old.