Watkins & Raiders

SloanBillsFan

Wasn't really a fan of the original Sammy Watkins' acquisition and not particularly a Raiders fan but...

Am glad to see that #14 is finally healthy after nearly a half-dozen years.

Also tickled almost pink that the Raiders put together a win after all the AB drama.

DISCLAIMER: Just as long as my appreciation does not come back to bite the Bills in the playoffs. ?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SloanBillsFan said:

Wasn't really a fan of the original Sammy Watkins' acquisition and not particularly a Raiders fan but...

Also tickled almost pink that the Raiders put together a win after all the AB drama.

DISCLAIMER: Just as long as my appreciation does not come back to bite the Bills in the playoffs. ?

Im glad for Sammy too, but he plays for Kansas City...

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SloanBillsFan said:

Any relation to Lenny?

And yes Sammy or "boo boo foot" as his detractors call him is pretty great when he's healthy and hopefully he's turned that corner.   He'll be a free agent after 2020 ya' know.:devil:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Whats funny is the team he torched for 150 in a half was Kansas City and nobody could figure out why we didnt feed him the ball in the 2nd... now he puts up 175 with KC in the 1st half and doesnt break 200 yards.. crazy.

He had one helluva game, but a 2nd half player he is not.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Whats funny is the team he torched for 150 in a half was Kansas City and nobody could figure out why we didnt feed him the ball in the 2nd... now he puts up 175 with KC in the 1st half and doesnt break 200 yards.. crazy.

He had one helluva game, but a 2nd half player he is not.

He scored his 3rd TD mid 3rd quarter to put the Chiefs up 37-13.........at which point the competitive portion of the game was over and they ended up running the ball 30 times.

Big difference between that and the game where they stopped throwing to him in KC while with Buffalo.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I drafted him as a rookie in my dynasty FF league and I've held on to him his entire career. I made a big trade right before week 1 and finally unloaded him, thus ending the curse I apparently had on him. Of course the team I traded him to was the team I played week one and the guy torched me. I don't care what anyone says, if I hadn't of traded him he would have had 2 catches for 17 yards and a high ankle sprain. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He scored his 3rd TD mid 3rd quarter to put the Chiefs up 37-13.........at which point the competitive portion of the game was over and they ended up running the ball 30 times.

Big difference between that and the game where they stopped throwing to him in KC while with Buffalo.:lol:

the bills didnt want to wear out his ankles. same thing with tyrod...why let tyrod run and get him all tired? we needed him in the pocket dissecting those defenses with the pin point accuracy.

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

It really took Watkins 5 years to get over his foot injuries? 

I will be curious to see if Mr. Decoy produces next week— but I will say that from the week 1 highlights, he looked like a totally different player. 

He looked like he did for a 9 game stretch with us that everyone likes to deny happened.

• Like (+1) 1

9 game stretch was nice no doubt,  but others like to forget the other games where he didnt play.

Sammy wanted $$$$$,  and we needed a receiver who could stay on the field.

Happy for Sammy,  really dont miss him.   was the right move at the time.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

Does anyone think Watkins will Last the whole year? 

I think he'll play in more games this year than iron man EJ Gaines.  Watkins has played in 75% of the games over his 5 year career.  People act like hes late career Shawn Merriman.  

• Like (+1) 1