Bills D opens at #3

GreggTX

2nd against the pass (155 yds). 7th against the run (68 yds). T-7th in sacks with 4. The total was 223 yds allowed. We were 11th in points allowed. Even more impressive was their 3.4 yd/play allowed which leads the league with a bullet. The next closest mark was 3.7.

I'm hoping for more of the same as well as more picks generated by our pass rush. I've always been a defense first guy. Nothing makes me more excited than seeing a LB with a long mean streak plant a RB on his back for a loss on 4th and inches. Pretty passes are OK, but give me a D that just b-slaps an offense every time they try anything to get things moving and I'm a happy man.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

2nd against the pass (155 yds). 7th against the run (68 yds). T-7th in sacks with 4. The total was 223 yds allowed. We were 11th in points allowed. Even more impressive was their 3.4 yd/play allowed which leads the league with a bullet. The next closest mark was 3.7.

I'm hoping for more of the same as well as more picks generated by our pass rush. I've always been a defense first guy. Nothing makes me more excited than seeing a LB with a long mean streak plant a RB on his back for a loss on 4th and inches. Pretty passes are OK, but give me a D that just b-slaps an offense every time they try anything to get things moving and I'm a happy man.

I hate that we’re 11th in points because of the pick six.

Defense only gave up 8 points yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I dont get that 11th in points part

1 - only 3 teams scored less then 16 ( Miami - 10, Chicago - 3, Cleveland - 13)

2 - only 8 of the 16 points were against Bills D

at worst they should be ranked 4th in points allowed

Packers only scored 10...

How can 16 points allowed be a defensive stat when the offense gave up half of those? Is it because the offense is considered a defense after the ball gets intercepted? Or is this just some lazy stat that just wants to look the the final score to enumerate itself?

For this D to be truly special they will have to dial up the magic against the *Cheats.  Oliver is probably the key because Marsha has historically not handled pressure up the middle very well.

All that said, the *Cheats have basically owned us forever.  They have come out the chute strong this year so its hard to see any weaknesses in their situation.

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I hate that we’re 11th in points because of the pick six.

Defense only gave up 8 points yesterday. 

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

How can 16 points allowed be a defensive stat when the offense gave up half of those? Is it because the offense is considered a defense after the ball gets intercepted? Or is this just some lazy stat that just wants to look the the final score to enumerate itself?

Was thinking that myself. We should get extra credit since the 68 rush yards allowed were against Bell. Not bad considering they didn't produce a turnover til the 4 and out at the end?

Edited by billsbackto81