Updated: from jw - Allen's now 7 game streak of at least 200 yds passing most since JK in 1992

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This actually surprises me, because I perceived Gailey's playcalling as wildly pass-centered and Fitzpatrick as having some streaks of good passing games.

But I checked and my perceptions is, well, Wrong

I was astounded. Fitz, Flutie & Drew were on my list. I'm also shocked that it went back to 92 with Kelly. I know that 300 yard passing days are like 400+ nowadays, but just wow

On 9/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, Don Otreply said:

This may as well have to do with the putrid O lines we have fielded over the many years of ineptitude. Just a thought..,

It might also have something to do with repeatedly hiring a HCs who believed in "running the ball and playing solid D." 

My biggest takeaway from week 1 of this season is that finally, FINALLY, the Bills may have moved into the 21st century on offense. 

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is 200 yards really that impressive in today's NFL though? That seems like an average day for most QBs, hardly something to be excited over.

What's worse is that they have been so bad on offence for so long that it is an accomplishment worth noting when they hit that mark......

u can make a stat out of anything...

59 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is 200 yards really that impressive in today's NFL though? That seems like an average day for most QBs, hardly something to be excited over.

What's worse is that they have been so bad on offence for so long that it is an accomplishment worth noting when they hit that mark......

It may not be impressive from an NFL standpoint but the fact that Allen is the first one to have seven straight 200 yard games passing since Kelly in 1992 is pretty amazing.  That's 27 years.  It also says two things:

*  Allen is starting to establish himself as a true heir to Jim Kelly.  Whether you're talking about his 4th quarter come back wins or this streak of 200 yard passing games, he's showing us that he may be the guy.

*  This streak also highlights just how futile the Bill's QB'ing has been over the last 25 years.  A flash here and there but very little consistency.  Dare we hope?

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It may not be impressive from an NFL standpoint but the fact that Allen is the first one to have seven straight 200 yard games passing since Kelly in 1992 is pretty amazing.  That's 27 years.  It also says two things:

*  Allen is starting to establish himself as a true heir to Jim Kelly.  Whether you're talking about his 4th quarter come back wins or this streak of 200 yard passing games, he's showing us that he may be the guy.

*  This streak also highlights just how futile the Bill's QB'ing has been over the last 25 years.  A flash here and there but very little consistency.  Dare we hope?

It's mostly the second one, and it's more sad then amazing that he is the first to donut since Kelly. 200 yards in a game just isn't an impressive stat anymore. He's showing that he has the ability to be a starter in the league, hopefully he takes the next step and starts showing he can be one of the elite tip tier guys.

31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's mostly the second one, and it's more sad then amazing that he is the first to donut since Kelly. 200 yards in a game just isn't an impressive stat anymore. He's showing that he has the ability to be a starter in the league, hopefully he takes the next step and starts showing he can be one of the elite tip tier guys.

image.png.71ad92e41cbda36c7744a3dee82fbae4.png

• Haha (+1) 1