[Vague Title] Which one of these are right SMH

Protocal69

RANK

BUFFALO BILLS (1-0)

Previous rank: No. 23 

What a comeback by the Bills, who wiped away a 16-point deficit and stole a gamein which they lost the turnover battle, 4-1. Credit goes to both an uncharacteristically blitz-heavy pass rush that never allowed Jets quarterback Sam Darnold to find a rhythm and to Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, who shook off two fumbles and two interceptions in the first half to lead Buffalo to 17 unanswered points on three consecutive drives in the second half. Allen's go-ahead touchdown pass to John Brown with less than four minutes to play was a perfectly placed ball that showed off touch that Allen didn't always exhibit as a rookie. Allen didn't do it alone: Rookie running back Devin Singletary looked special, piling up 98 scrimmage yards on just nine touches. The Bills have a core in place to make some noise right now.

Or

59:38 mark

• Haha (+1) 3

Anyone who WATCHED the full game will see a Bills team that looks to be on the rise that could make some real noise.  They saw a team over come a few miscues but really dominated both sides of the ball all game.

Anyone who only checked stat boxes and highlights and saw 4 turnovers thinks Allen still sucks and the Bills got lucky.

Really that simple.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I object to this narrative that we “stole” the game. When you hand the other team it’s collective ass on both sides of the ball, you haven’t “stolen” anything. Overcoming 4 turnovers and a safety with a 4th qtr comeback isn’t stealing; it’s preventing an opponent you’ve outplayed from stealing the game. 

Saying we stole the game cheapens how well we actually played. We claimed the damned thing.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

RANK

BUFFALO BILLS (1-0)

What a comeback by the Bills, who wiped away a 16-point deficit and stole a gamein which they lost the turnover battle, 4-1. Credit goes to both an uncharacteristically blitz-heavy pass rush that never allowed Jets quarterback Sam Darnold to find a rhythm and to Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, who shook off two fumbles and two interceptions in the first half to lead Buffalo to 17 unanswered points on three consecutive drives in the second half. Allen's go-ahead touchdown pass to John Brown with less than four minutes to play was a perfectly placed ball that showed off touch that Allen didn't always exhibit as a rookie. Allen didn't do it alone: Rookie running back Devin Singletary looked special, piling up 98 scrimmage yards on just nine touches. The Bills have a core in place to make some noise right now.

Or

I don’t like PFF.  At one point they had   TT as what, s top-15 or top-10 qb?  He was, by their metrics, but he wasn’t a functional NFL passer at that point.  I think they’re fantasy football focused.  Stats are king.

I like stats, but they’re a useful tool, not the source of all football wisdom 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Anyone who WATCHED the full game will see a Bills team that looks to be on the rise that could make some real noise.  They saw a team over come a few miscues but really dominated both sides of the ball all game.

Anyone who only checked stat boxes and highlights and saw 4 turnovers thinks Allen still sucks and the Bills got lucky.

Really that simple.

I totally agree. Shocked ya right there, didn't I??

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Antonio said:

17 is good for now, we will be climbing as long as we can keep our playoffs hopes alive. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

All I know is we are 1-0 and onto the Giants. I don’t care about power rankings 1 week into the season. 

This thread isn't referring to the power ranking guys. It's about the ball that was thrown to John Brown to win the game.

And on that point, I will agree with the PFF guys only because that was my first thought seeing the pass but for all I know it was the way it was supposed to be thrown knowing it would trip up the CB.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

This thread isn't referring to the power ranking guys. It's about the ball that was thrown to John Brown to win the game.

And on that point, I will agree with the PFF guys only because that was my first thought seeing the pass but for all I know it was the way it was supposed to be thrown knowing it would trip up the CB.

The problem is that we can never know. Did JA see that he didn't have his guy beat and decide to underthrow it to let him make a play? I've seen a lot of QB's do that. On the other hand, was he trying to throw a bomb and just severely underthrew him and Brown made him look good. Who knows. All I know is that it ended up in the game winning touchdown and that's all that matters ;)

Watched that clip and you can tell they didn’t watch 2 minutes of the Bills game. They are reading box scores on the laptop and throwing out numbers to try and sound smart and in the know.

I’ve stopped trying to seek outsiders takes because they don’t sit around and on Sunday and watch the Bills like we do. I stick to the local guys who actually watch.

19 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

The problem is that we can never know. Did JA see that he didn't have his guy beat and decide to underthrow it to let him make a play? I've seen a lot of QB's do that. On the other hand, was he trying to throw a bomb and just severely underthrew him and Brown made him look good. Who knows. All I know is that it ended up in the game winning touchdown and that's all that matters ;)

John Brown confirmed post game the play is designed for the ball to be thrown over the top. 

I do believe Allen went back shoulder because the DB was in position to take the over the top throw away.

Either way, it worked and led to a win so I can’t complain.

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

RANK

BUFFALO BILLS (1-0)

Or

A)  the bald dude needs to talk LOUDER   and he's an idiot, 

as to RANK  17

that IMO is 3 to 5  spots too low.   See NFL Power Rankings thread ... 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

51 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

That is my worry only because I’ve noticed on multiple occasions that Josh has severely underthrown his intended targets. Usually on the run, usually when he’s throwing across his chest. But still, it’s happened and it scares the crap out of me when I see him do it. 

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

John Brown confirmed post game the play is designed for the ball to be thrown over the top. 

I do believe Allen went back shoulder because the DB was in position to take the over the top throw away.

Either way, it worked and led to a win so I can’t complain.

What either or both of them say in the post game might be completely different about how it actually happened. Maybe Brown was looking out for Josh, saying he and his QB were on the same page and read each other on the particular play to make it look better than a screwed up underthrown pass. Maybe Josh was saying they were on the same page to make himself look better. Who knows. I’m with @Bills4Ever4Life when he said all that matter is that we win the game. 

Hopefully it continues and if it does I won’t care how they get there. 

For the record im a huge Allen fan and want him to succeed. He’s just had some underthrown balls that scare me and make me wonder if that was intended or just underthrown. 

• Like (+1) 1

The odds of coming back to win after being down 16-0 in the third quarter when you are -4 in the turnover battle is less than 1%.  Have no doubt, the Bills were extremely lucky to win this game.  Playing an inept team whose offensive line was getting whipped like rented mule by the Bills D certainly was certainly a factor.

Pretty much guarantee we won't win another game this season -4 in turnover ratio - (garbage time fumble doesn't count).