Josh Allen's "awful" 1st half...THIS is the article to read

eball

If any of you have read Jim Kubiak's columns on QB play you understand he has no pro-Bills agenda other than he is writing for the Buffalo News.  In today's column he affirms what many of us have said but the national and local media have somehow missed -- Josh Allen was not terrible at all during the 1st half.

Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 14

9 minutes ago, eball said:

If any of you have read Jim Kubiak's columns on QB play you understand he has no pro-Bills agenda other than he is writing for the Buffalo News.  In today's column he affirms what many of us have said but the national and local media have somehow missed -- Josh Allen was not terrible at all during the 1st half.

Enjoy.

Confirmation bias. Everyone is wrong, except for those that agree with us. 

A win is a win. its hard to sugar coat four turnovers and a safety.  Something among the preparation, play calling and/or execution is at least a small part of those results. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

A win is a win. its hard to sugar coat four turnovers and a safety.  Something among the preparation, play calling and/or execution is at least a small part of those results. 

I think the way Allen plays the next few games will let us know if it was just a string of bad luck, or if he is actually the guy that the rest of the stats imply.

I believe it will be the latter.

I suppose you expect 3 or 4 turnovers game?

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I think the way Allen plays the next few games will let us know if it was just a string of bad luck, or if he is actually the guy that the rest of the stats imply.

So you believe we will have balls bouncing off receivers hands, hitting their thigh and going straight into the arms of a linebacker going forward?

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

So, everything they did as a team had bearing on the outcome?

Thank You for that concise deduction?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

Enjoy.

thanks 

To those who actually pay attention ....  this is a 

image.png.aa6e6879c214d29dcfb4e23e280ca70d.png

moment.

To those not willing to see......   well   (fill in the blank) _ _ _ _ _ _

:censored: ING   Already a subscriber? Log in to your account.

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Enjoy.

But...but...but...four turnovers. Haven't you heard?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Not to sound cheap, but is it worth subscribing to the athletic? I feel like most of these writers are worse then the people we have on TSW. For those who have it, do you get your moneys worth? 

Absolutely. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

I think Allen will be great.  I think Daboll designs and calls too many plays where defenders can sit on the obvious passing lane.  Everyone blamed Peterman (including me) for not being able to make some throws.  Allen can make any imaginable throw that any human can make.  But yet, Daboll had a play designed to make him look like Peterman on the second interception.    I think Daboll needs to remove the 30 yard horizontal 5 yard vertical out pass entirely.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Enjoy.

Says I need a subscription to read ?

7 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Not to sound cheap, but is it worth subscribing to the athletic? I feel like most of these writers are worse then the people we have on TSW. For those who have it, do you get your moneys worth? 

Nope.   We can read all of our fellow TBDers comments and get the content for free.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Says I need a subscription to read ?

A really good article.

A few nuggets for you about the 1st half:

1st Qtr

Allen’s first quarter consisted of 18 plays: 12 passing and five running. He completed 8 of 12 passes, moving the team on two drives that each began on the Bills' 25-yard line.

The embarrassing back-to-back turnovers made it seem as if the Bills had done nothing right in the first quarter. The breakdown, however, told another story. Neither first quarter turnover was the result of a poor decision or the lack of concern for protecting the football. Allen graded out to an 83% in the first quarter, and would have been nearly perfect without the turnovers.

2nd Qtr

Allen was 7 of 11 passing in the second quarter, leading the Bills on a nine-play drive that began on their own 5 before a fumbled snap on fourth-and-1. Upon review, it appeared as though Allen closed his hands before the snap under center Mitch Morse. This is an unusual occurrence for any quarterback and indicates that Allen was expecting the ball earlier, perhaps on a “silent count” or he was expecting the snap upon “goosing the center” with pressure from his hands. 

1st Half

The detailed review of these plays unveils one common and positive similarity: Not a single turnover was the result of Allen trying to do too much or making a poor decision. This is the silver lining and the most important takeaway. Allen was 15 of 23, completing 65% in spite of a fumble, pick six off a deflection, a fumbled snap and a second deflected interception.

Allen’s growth and maturity were clearly evident in the review of the play-by-play. He displayed impressive command, footwork, presence in the pocket, accuracy, and had an overall quarterback performance grade of 90%.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I like The Athletic and think it's worth the money, but YMMV.

• Like (+1) 3