Henry Anderson cheap shot. UNREAL

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Definitely possible. I'm just wondering why it was such a weak hit if it was deliberate.

Have you never heard of "accidentally on purpose"?  If he lights up Allen there, that's instant suspension and fine.  He already has a reputation from injuring Hauschka on a cheap shot last year, and already got a roughing the passer penalty earlier in the game.  So instead he "accidentally stumbles" into him on purpose.

I remember seeing that live, I saw Allen's knees buckle and was a little concerned for a second. I didn't realize it was a Jet though, it came so late I just assumed one of our lineman rolled into him because I thought there was no way someone is hitting Josh low 3 seconds after he throws the ball. If it wasn't the same guy that cheap-shotted Haushka's season away last year I might have given him the benefit of the doubt, he was on the ground when he threw the ball and may not have known he had got rid of it. But ***** this guy and his DC. 

Wonder if that was $1000 or $2000 in Greggo's Jets bounty system.  Might be higher in NY due to wage schools for goons.  Based on Monday's Gase press conference -- "Take out the head" may have new meaning.

By the way, Roger Goodell has a twitter account @nflcommish...just sent him this asking what he is going to do about it.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sorry if posted earlier, but some of you may have forgotten that on the field goal drive Anderson got a roughing the passer call.

it was similar to this because he made it look like an accident...or limited intent.  Allen threw the ball and we’ll after it Anderson sort of walks through him...the point...it’s his style not to make his roughing the passer hits seem intentional.

just watched it a couple of minutes ago.

There is absolutely no way (in my opinion) to view what happened as anything other than a deliberate attempt to "subtly" take Josh's knees out.  The dude wasn't rolling, wasn't pushed.  He took action well after the ball was released to roll up on JA.

I do hope somebody at the league office is reviewing this.

Leopards don't change their spots -- Greggggg Williams is a dirtbag and he asks his players to be dirtbags.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1