AJ Green recovery slower than originally expected

Estro

According to ProFootballDoc (if you don't know of him, he's excellent at predicting injuries and recovery times) A.J. Green is still in a walking boot as of yesterday.  According to his timeline A.J Green probably won't be back until Week 5.  Originally there was some speculation that he'd maybe be back by week 3 vs. the Bills.......not the case according to his trained eye.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Estro said:

According to ProFootballDoc (if you don't know of him, he's excellent at predicting injuries and recovery times) A.J. Green is still in a walking boot as of yesterday.  According to his timeline A.J Green probably won't be back until Week 5.  Originally there was some speculation that he'd maybe be back by week 3 vs. the Bills.......not the case according to his trained eye.

Good he always kills the Bills

• Like (+1) 3

its socially unacceptable to be happy about a injury... so i will not clap. what? no that was a dog barking next door, i swear

seriously tho we have good draft picks that are evolving McDermotts team is close to what he wants it to be. i feel comfortable not getting excited for a advantage injuries cause. in the past id hope for any advantage because deep down i knew we had a ton of weaknesses. 

this is one of the first years id like to see what our guys are really made of and take everyone on full strength to truly test where exactly we are. green vs white is a challenge that would be entertaining. too bad we prob wont see it but that wont stop that dog from barking lol

to be the best you have to beat the best. we always seem to have a hard time against the bengals so green or no green i expect a good challenge, but also expect this team to win.

Edited by Buffarukus

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Great because their passing attack is already going to be a challenge.   Donkey Dalton might've thrown for 500 yards if AJ was in that lineup also yesterday.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mixon hurt his ankle yesterday too. But John Ross looks good (finally)

John Ross has always been good. He is just very injury prone. Being healthy with AJ out opened up an opportunity for him to shine and he did it. 

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

its socially unacceptable to be happy about a injury... so i will not clap. what? no that was a dog barking next door, i swear

seriously tho we have good draft picks that are evolving McDermotts team is close to what he wants it to be. i feel comfortable not getting excited for a advantage injuries cause. in the past id hope for any advantage because deep down i knew we had a ton of weaknesses. 

this is one of the first years id like to see what our guys are really made of and take everyone on full strength to truly test where exactly we are. green vs white is a challenge that would be entertaining. too bad we prob wont see it but that wont stop that dog from barking lol

to be the best you have to beat the best. we always seem to have a hard time against the bengals so green or no green i expect a good challenge, but also expect this team to win.

That mantra is so played out. I’ll take a 12-4 season playing plenty of bad teams struggling with adversity and hopefully have to win just two home games vs solid opponents to be in the super bowl 

I’d love a division we could consistently sweep leaving just 1 game above splitting the rest to earn a top 2 seed.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That mantra is so played out. I’ll take a 12-4 season playing plenty of bad teams struggling with adversity and hopefully have to win just two home games vs solid opponents to be in the super bowl 

I’d love a division we could consistently sweep leaving just 1 game above splitting the rest to earn a top 2 seed.

i hear ya. we have certainly had our share.  i doubt anyone gave a rats ass that our gms had no interest in developing qbs and were elated we loved to collect 1rst round rbs for no reason for a decade. its more to speak to the confidence i feel about where it seems we are headed and the depth of the guys. you can win but past teams took a stiff gut punch when reality hit that..we just werent that good.

maybe unjustly, but i feel different this year. coming back from adversity in our first game...on the road was somthing everyone became accustomed to just not doing. time and time again those games would slip away. even if we were better. well they proved us wrong and thats a great thing. so now im in the mindset ok well they could do that they can beat a team with a star reciever or not. great if he cant go but for the first time in awhile i have no issue if he can. 

John Ross had a breakout game against Seattle and Cinci looked much stronger than I expected.  Maybe Seattle's D isn't what we typically see...I don't know.  But everyone expecting the home opener to be a cakewalk should think twice.

10 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

This has always been dumb to me.  Sure, Shazier type injuries, career ending ones, or head trauma ones I will never want to see happen to anyone.  But other injuries?  Come on.  These guys have access to the best medical professionals in the world, are compensated handsomely for the risk, and if it provides my team a competitive advantage, then why not feel some joy in them losing a great player for our game? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

We are still a very young team, that’s the underlying caveat of the situation. Takes time for these guys to learn how to win.

12 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

Agree that I want to watch our guys against the best, but this is a team sport and depth is also important and part of the game. I take any advantage we can get. If we can play the Pats without brady and Edelman I will gladly take it, and if we win the game I can care less if they were not playing. 

12 hours ago, Estro said:

According to ProFootballDoc (if you don't know of him

He's a total hack: 

Laughably, he recent said that AB's blistered feet were due to an infection, not frostbite.  but that's just goofy.  The rest is sinister:

" he had two alcohol-related driving incidents, was subject to a DEA investigation, was reportedly sued 20 times between 1998-2011 and the NFLPA demanded he step down as a result of repeated negligence." (including by a guy who went in for a knee replacement and ended up with an amputation).

"In 2014, Chao had his license revoked by the California Medical Board, but that sentence was stayed as part of a settlement. He is currently serving a five-year probation term instead. He was accused of “committing gross negligence, repeated negligent acts and acts of dishonesty and corruption.”

That revocation was prompted by his prescribing, 14 times over 18 months, Junior Seau Ambien, despite Seau's recent obvious suicide attempt (driving off a cliff).

"In 2010, DEA agents searched Chao’s offices because they alleged he had written 108 prescriptions to himself since 2008. The probe eventually closed without charges when he was, “now in compliance.”

"In 2013, two San Diego-area hospitals barred him from performing surgery on the premises. Fagan’s lawsuit also led to a $1.39 million settlement against Scripps Memorial Hospital. "

This guy is what's wrong with medicine and how guys like this keep practicing medicine. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

John Ross had a breakout game against Seattle and Cinci looked much stronger than I expected.  Maybe Seattle's D isn't what we typically see...I don't know.  But everyone expecting the home opener to be a cakewalk should think twice.

I used all of my survivor entries on Seattle over Cincy and was on-edge that entire game.  With Cincy being bad the past couple years, a new coach, AJ Green and Cordy Glenn being out, and on the road, I thought Seattle would do to Cincy what Baltimore did to Miami.  I guess the Seahawks are overrated.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I used all of my survivor entries on Seattle over Cincy and was on-edge that entire game.  With Cincy being bad the past couple years, a new coach, AJ Green and Cordy Glenn being out, and on the road, I thought Seattle would do to Cincy what Baltimore did to Miami.  I guess the Seahawks are overrated.

Cordy Glenn??  Talk about being overrated...

Misses 10 games and the Bills make the playoffs in 2017 (6-4 without him).

Bengals go from 7-9 to 6-10 when they pick him up.

They can't miss him. 

Watching the game, I kept thinking that Seattle wasn't prepared for Cincinnati to come out and throw the ball all over the place. It was polar opposite to a Marvin Lewis coached team and they also gave little indication that they would be playing this way in preseason. This was very much a team with a new coach with no film catching a team napping in week one. That being said, Cincinnati will be much better than anyone thought. In fact, watching week one leads me to believe that there is only one truly awful team in the NFL this year and we get to play them twice. 

28 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Watching the game, I kept thinking that Seattle wasn't prepared for Cincinnati to come out and throw the ball all over the place. It was polar opposite to a Marvin Lewis coached team and they also gave little indication that they would be playing this way in preseason. This was very much a team with a new coach with no film catching a team napping in week one. That being said, Cincinnati will be much better than anyone thought. In fact, watching week one leads me to believe that there is only one truly awful team in the NFL this year and we get to play them twice. 

Did Clowney do anything? I didn’t see the game except for the end