MNF halftime show

CountryCletus

On 9/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, CountryCletus said:

What the heck was that trash??? No highlights from the weekends games???

do y’all like the trash they showed or do you want the highlights back?

I want Howard Cosell  back doing the MNFHighlights. Since that’s not possible, i’d settle for Frank Caliendo doing them as Howard.

Edited by ColeB
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've listened to rap music for over 30 years now. I go back to UTFO and Run DMC. I listen to other music as well, but rap is the main genre I listen to. All of these new "rappers" are mostly sh*t. They have no talent, just a good executive producer and the backing of a premier label. They make popular who they want to make popular. I guess they are trying to make sure they keep the younger crowd interested by doing these types of things. It was what I would expect as far as a show goes from one of these new types. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I'm a musician. I've always said their are 2 types of music. The kind you like and the kind you don't. I personally don't like music where the words aren't sung, but even if it was something I gravitate to I still wouldn't want it forced on me by being in the middle of a completely unrelated event I was watching.

I guess it just makes TOO much sense to break down plays and players during halftime? If they are looking to promote their sponsors car do the highlights from within or around the car.

P.S. If they need to attract younger viewers, they might first start by making their game coverage better. Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’m a rather big Rap and Urban music fan and I found the halftime show both upbeat and inspiring. As Urban/Rural Americans we want to strive to succeed and manifest our dominance on others...whether it is other guys with Glocks, or the ladies so we can be baby daddies. My wardrobe is comprised of multiple “all white “ outfits with black socks. I’m ok with the halftime show and it’s better than that dumb Charlie Daniels Band intro or Dan Meredith singing about Lipton Tea. Get with the times folks!!

Image result for fishing trolling meme

13 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

It looked like something for 12 year olds. 

It was THAT bad. Music tastes differ, I get that. But I admit I'm surprised rap is still going strong, when it's been  the same thing for 25 years now. One beat throughout the whole song (not even breaks, bridges, choruses as in even the simplest of pop music), same easy cheasy superficial lyrics of money, women (and saying ***** 50 times if gangsta rap). I mean... how come it's still popular baffles me, I mean, usually  trends come and go... 

No we don't need this in football this way! I get branching out, but halftime of the first week is not the time!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColeB said:

I want Howard Costello back doing the MNFHighlights. Since that’s not possible, i’d settle for Frank Caliendo doing them as Howard.

Can you clarify for the board who you want doing the highlights again?

Is it the guy on the right, here?

image.png.f860cbe1f8e5beab369b280925f469c4.png

Or this guy, below? 

image.png.951b94a80a76479cc865da1123b87b9f.png

The Youtube NFL Highlights  of each game are really good though. So much I don't even look for highlights on TV anymore, and will likely cancel cable and watch online. Still, there really is a lot of good commentators and analysts in football, so I do like to also listen to them commenting. And while I will gladly watch a 8-10 minute highlight video of a Bills game, I won't do that for all other games! Network highlights still serve their purpose.

• Like (+1) 2

I didn’t really have an issue that it was G-Easy with the Raiders being a Monday night game.  But it made no sense for him to be the Houston/Saints halftime show too.

But I did have a big issue that it was a lip synced and poorly shot music video they recorded (who knows when) and were old songs from like a year ago made worse by doing them “clean”.

“Halftime shows” should be live performances or don’t do them...period.

And his one song called “No Limit” about “hooking up” is just awful clean.  Anytime the chorus actually goes:  “F*** with me and get some money” then it’s a poor choice for prime time TV as it’s already not appropriate song and gonna sound whack to anyone who actually likes the song too.  Lose - Lose scenario every time.

Terrible halftime show

My viewing the NFL is down to the Bills and perhaps a Sunday Night matchup.  No pregame.  No post game.  No ESPN.  No NFLN (that was a provider package choice more so than the channel itself).  No talking heads ***** to big media markets.  No contemporary comedians or "singers" ***** to big media markets.  I actually due to a problem receiving FOX Sunday afternoon watched Gilligan's Island after the Bills game.  Gilligan was no great joy back in the day but it was interesting to revisit Cold War era comedy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Can someone briefly explain what the halftime show was? 

I watched both games last night tape delayed and FF'd through all commercials, halftime, challenge delays, etc.

The ending of the New Orleans game was excellent.  Probably the best game of the entire Week 1.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Korn would be awesome

Nay

or is it nae nae ;)

When you say nae nae..... did you whip first?

7 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Image result for fishing trolling meme

This poor bastard has at least 3 fish on and wants to make sure he gets his camera time by smiling.... puss off and reel them lines in fat boy

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

All the shows seem to be moving away from highlights, probably due to the instant availability of highlights online. It's extremely frustrating... You'd like to be able to get reasonably comprehensive highlights from all games via one source, but it's just not like that anymore; you even have to watch NFL Network for HOURS to get around to packages for every game. Yes, the NFL posts 10-minute game recaps on YouTube, but 16x10 is too much time when you used to be able to catch good highlights on FNIA (wayyyy shortened now) or via Berman and Jackson. Sad. Would really like the league to post a 15-minute all-games highlight video if they want everything to be online. The other downside of the game recaps online is they are just the original calls without commentary/highlight music.

Agreed, pretty lame how things have become. 

The old school Inside the NFL on HBO was pretty damn good too. 

• Like (+1) 1