PFF Ranks for Bills

Reader

Does anyone else get the ratings for the Bills players for free? I'm not sure why, I am not a paid member but if I click on roster, the player and then 2019 I am able to see what their grades are after the first game. I can't see any specifics, but the overall grade comes up. Note names are not in order and I've lumped offense and defense separately. Some interesting tidbits. Since I don't pay for PFF I don't know the breakdown of players grade. PFF claimed Allen did well last year only because of his running grade, I wonder if he did better as a passer yesterday. Two, before you all get the pitchworks, remember PFF is just a metric and they are wrong a lot. Remember, when they championed Tyrod for three years before he had a performance with the Browns that would have made EJ blush? If Josh and the offense settles down, they'll prove them wrong sooner than later. Keep in mind, we did win, but we're going to need more than 17 points to beat most teams.

Elite:

Sweeny!!!

Great:

Brown

Oliver

Edmunds

Murphy

Good:

Morse

Zay

Star

Shaq

Lorax

Horrible Harry

Poyer

White

Average:

Dawkins

Feliciano

Milano

Hyde

T. Johnson

Poor:

Allen

Singletary

Gore

Beasley

Nsekhe (Almost Average)

Ford

Spain

D. Johnson

Phillips

Neal

Wallace

Bad:

Knox (Technically slightly above bad, but at least 5 points below all other offensive players)

Hughes???

• Sad 1

Just now, Reader said:

Does anyone else get the ratings for the Bills players for free? I'm not sure why, I am not a paid member but if I click on roster, the player and then 2019 I am able to see what their grades are after the first game. I can't see any specifics, but the overall grade comes up. Note names are not in order and I've lumped offense and defense separately. Some interesting tidbits. Since I don't pay for PFF I don't know the breakdown of players grade. PFF claimed Allen did well last year only because of his running grade, I wonder if he did better as a passer yesterday. Two, before you all get the pitchworks, remember PFF is just a metric and they are wrong a lot. Remember, when they championed Tyrod for three years before he had a performance with the Browns that would have made EJ blush? If Josh and the offense settles down, they'll prove them wrong sooner than later. Keep in mind, we did win, but we're going to need more than 17 points to beat most teams.

Elite:

Sweeny!!!

Great:

Brown

Oliver

Edmunds

Murphy

Good:

Morse

Zay

Star

Shaq

Lorax

Horrible Harry

Poyer

White

Average:

Dawkins

Feliciano

Milano

Hyde

T. Johnson

Poor:

Allen

Singletary

Gore

Beasley

Nsekhe (Almost Average)

Ford

Spain

D. Johnson

Phillips

Neal

Wallace

Bad:

Knox (Technically slightly above bad, but at least 5 points below all other offensive players)

Hughes???

I was just reading a thread on jetnation saying that pff rated Darnold QB#11 @ 68,7 and Allen QB#25 @ 52,3. So that's amusing.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is so freaking hilarious how bad they're ratings are. Literally the opposite of what any rational observer saw.

Elite: Jamie Mueller, Rick Tuten, Mark Kelso

Poor: Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed

PFF Rankings of early 90s Bills

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am too old to care about any outsider opinions. We know what we saw yesterday. A win is a win. The team did what it needed to do to obtain a "W".  Despite the success of yesterday, we all know there are things to work on and improvement is needed if success is to be sustained.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Singletary grade was due in part to his lackluster pass protection and other mistakes (i.e. drops and routes) in the passing game. The Milano and Hyde grades are a little surprising -- those guys looked great! Other than that everything else matches what I saw. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Go Sweeney!

Edited by VW82