Jordan Poyer - underpaid? What would you offer?

YoloinOhio

These are some moves that need to be done especially while we can afford it easily. 

Make a headline, reward a free agent who signed here cheaply to make a name and made a career of it and got rewarded for his efforts. Win win situation. Rather overpay a proven buffalo bill than some of the free agents. 

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They should absolutely extend him in my mind. Add 2 years to his deal. Get him a bunch of new money upfront and bring him into that $5.5/6m a year category. 

he's earned a bit more than that IMO. call it 2 years, 17 million. 12 garaunteed. incentive laden. he deserves a pro bowl nod

26 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You give him market value, so other players know that the team will pay it's players what they are worth. Football teams don't need to be frugal, just wise. They bring in boatloads of cash, give the players what they deserve.

Like I said, a happy employee, 

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It would be good to extend him and Hyde this year with a bonus designed to move more money to this year. It would free up money in later years when others need to be paid.

Hyde seems more valuable, right? Or should they be offered about the same?

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He should sent her in to negotiate.  Guy will end up the highest paid safety in football.

Yea except front office will bring in Kim Pegula to make negotiations even and tell her "Honey if you think you will get your husband extra money you are wrong, we do not produce a reality channel."

4 minutes ago, Reader said:

Hyde seems more valuable, right? Or should they be offered about the same?

Personally I think as a pair they have more value than either one individually so I think bring both in and tell them this and offer them both same type of contract with incentive clauses but NOT type of incentives clauses which would make them competing against each other.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

The goal is get them all to take team friendly deals to keep the process moving forward. 

Thats how the Pats have done it for years. 

That and promise your HOF QB tens of millions in post-retirement benefits so you can circumvent the cap.  Brady's grandkids will probably be on the Kraft payroll.

But yes, the way to get team friendly deals is to extend guys before their contract is up.