Over / Under on how many weeks before AB and Cheats have a meltdown

BuffaloBill

AB will be cool and the Pats will go on another historic run, i don't see a loss for them in the regular season.  Best case is Brady wears down and AB can't make his #'s for the incentives, still then, he'll be happy for the ring.

Maybe Greggggggg will bounty him but those idiots need to be less obvious about it, Anderson can't crawl halfway across the field and "roll up" on Brady's backside.

Edited by Say When...

If he pulls the crap he did with Pittsburgh (late to meetings, not showing up to practice, feuding publicly with his coach/QB, etc.), he will be cut by mid-season.

If he pulls the crap he did with Oakland (helmet thing, Social media nonsense, etc.), then he will be gone by the end of September.

There is absolutely no way that Bill Belichick will put up with him being a distraction, or putting himself above the team.  And based on Brown's behavior over the last 12 months, it would seem inevitable that this will end badly.  The guy seems mentally ill, and just can't seem to help himself.

Which is probably why Brown won't speak another word or post another comment on Twitter, until the Patriots are 19-0 and hosting the Lombardi.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I will take the extreme over. I don’t think it’s going to happen. AB is suddenly going to be a Boy Scout. 

Sadly,  this is the most likely scenario. AB knows damn well that F ing up on three teams in a row spells the end of his career and reputation as a reliable football player. This is his last chance to fix his mess.  Not that I don’t want him to melt down, just don’t think it’s going to happen.

12 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I will take the extreme over. I don’t think it’s going to happen. AB is suddenly going to be a Boy Scout. 

Agree.  This was his plan the entire time.  They wouldn't trade him to NE from Pitt so he pretended that he would take a trade elsewhere with full intention of being a problem so he would get his release and be able to join whatever team he wanted.  If he didn't agree to an extension with the Raiders, they wouldn't have done the deal, so he did it, knowing he was going to get out of it with his crazy behavior.  I mean, they already had the deal worked out.  So obvious.  I fully expect him to behave now and put up insane numbers.  Its f'n BS.

24 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Agree.  This was his plan the entire time.  They wouldn't trade him to NE from Pitt so he pretended that he would take a trade elsewhere with full intention of being a problem so he would get his release and be able to join whatever team he wanted.  If he didn't agree to an extension with the Raiders, they wouldn't have done the deal, so he did it, knowing he was going to get out of it with his crazy behavior.  I mean, they already had the deal worked out.  So obvious.  I fully expect him to behave now and put up insane numbers.  Its f'n BS.

Ya know I keep reading this, and it's repeated everywhere, and it might even be true, but let's be honest, AB isn't that smart, and watching Hard Knocks I never got that impression.  What makes YOU think this was the "plan" all along?

Tim- 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Ya know I keep reading this, and it's repeated everywhere, and it might even be true, but let's be honest, AB isn't that smart, and watching Hard Knocks I never got that impression.  What makes YOU think this was the "plan" all along?

Tim- 

What make YOU think that AB isn't smart?  And even if he isn't a Rhodes scholar, you do not have to be brilliant to understand what you want and then pay top dollar for Agents, PR firms, Social Media experts and Videographers to make it happen for you.  That is what I believe happened.  He told Drew what he wanted and Drew probably guided him on how to do it.  That is just my opinion on it.  It was just too crazy.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

I heard someone on a sports show say what I was thinking when I heard of the Pats signing. These long drawn out artful masterpiece routes aren’t the way NE does it. AB better learn that Touchdown Tommy 12 doesn’t take hits all game for you to work your way open, like Big Ben did. Or else, his number will plummet, and he won’t like that very much. 

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He will not meltdown.  Why?  He did NOT want to be a Steeler anymore.  He did NOT want to be a Raider after the McCoy helmet spat.  

But...he DOES want to be a Patriot.  

He did what he had to do in order to get out of situations he did not want to be in.  He also knows, and especially his agent too, that if he was to meltdown in NE he would never make anything close to what he wants ever again and may even struggle finding a job all together.  

So I think he for sure stays with no incident all season.  The real question is would that Pats actually pick up the $20M option next year?  Highly DOUBTFUL even if AB is on his best behavior and has a big season...just not their style.  

So hes really just in it for the ring?  He wont have a shorter leash with any team, but the pats give him the best shot to win.  Im surprised he pulled all this just to get to this point

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I saw a player wanting to get out of a situation he didnt want to be in. 

Then why did he agree to it int he first place?   Sounds kind of stupid 

Jon Gruden tells Patriots “good luck” with Antonio Brown

https://sports.yahoo.com/jon-gruden-tells-patriots-good-095445145.html

Asked later if the Raiders surprised people by beating the Broncos without Brown (though they barely practiced with him), Gruden offered a final volley, or a warning shot to Bill Belichick.

“As much as people talk about it, I mean, my god,” Gruden said. “Man, I feel like someone smashed me in my temple on the side of the head. Get over it, man. It’s over. You know? We were good in the preseason without him. We’re going to be fine without him. And we wish him the best.

“You know, we gave it a shot. Now New England gets their turn. Good luck to them. I can’t deal with it anymore.”