Really stretching it trying to blame Allen for the pick 6....

Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

There was nothing extraordinary that Beasley had to do catch that ball and was already on the ground waiting to catch the pass. He just muffed it. And the interception was just dumb bad luck. 

To this, the picture captured above shows it is not correct.

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No it was an easy catch.....  Middle of the field not going to get drilled looking at the qb.....  

Couldn't stand the announcers blaming Allen.

I don't think guys who have actually played pro football would agree with you, but maybe that's just me.  It was a catchable ball, the INT on the deflection was a bit flukey, and the announcers putting it all on Allen was wrong, but it was not an easy catch and when there have been a bunch of successive short passes and the LBs are anticipating and focused on that throw, the difficulty rises. 

So we'll have to agree to disagree here. 

Or not, but I don't think either of our minds would change from more discussion.

2 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

It's Receiving 101 that if you aren't going to catch it make it so no one else can but sh*t happens. Both can share the blame. What was it maybe the 3rd pass he's ever thrown to the guy in a live game. 

-First game of the year

- Many new faces on offense

- On the road playing a tough defense, decision rival none the less

- QB hasn't even started a full season yet

- please legalize marijuana 

:rolleyes:

Yesterday on the bus home there was a Jets fan saying how bad the throw was to Zay Jones that he caught on the winning drive & the receiver saved a bad throw.  Well I was in the upper deck 1 row from the top & really couldn't see it that well to debate him.  After I got home, I watched the game over since I recorded it.  Turns out the ball hit Jones right in his gut, almost a perfect throw.  That's the nonsense we have to put up with because media members like Francessa & others have no idea what they're talking about and opposing fans believe this stuff because they never see Allen play.  Well as someone who has watched every down he's played except in the 1st quarter of the Houston game when OTB didn't have the game & I had to drive to a sportsbar & missed the 1st few minutes, I am psyched to have Josh Allen as the Bills QB.  

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

He threw a heater at his feet.

We’re on to the Giants.

This is the thing some are not willing to see,/accept you can throw the ball 8 million miles an hour not in the best location  but if it bounces off your your body, its the receivers fault.   The "catchable ball" police will always say that was catchable....and it was (like 20% of the time) but that does not make it a good throw.   

I saw progress in Allen though from last year (and the offensive philosophy), we are going to have to live with mistakes for now, its just part of who he is.   The reality is his worst throws were dropped by the other team or called back on penalties.   This one was not his worst throw but it was not good, he owns part, Beasley owns part, nice job overcoming it.  

Bring on the Giants!

• Like (+1) 2