Jets going down - Angry Gase throws Darnold, Kicker, Anderson, Greggo under the bus. "I can do whatever I want"

Reed83HOF

12 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Towards gase, already after 1 game, sigh.

From Sam Darnold's interview, it sounds as though he was much more measured and positive in the locker room, so maybe it's not as bad as we think.

Or maybe that's his version of "good cop bad cop" - good coach in the locker room, bad coach stirring up the press to convey a message while being more positive F2F?  I dunno.  I wouldn't care for that myself - it would feel all the more like being back-stabbed.  Got something to say, say it to me.

I myself am biased against people who say "I can do whatever I want".  That's just not something a "grown ass man" says, ever.  Even if he doesn't feel he owes the press an explanation, a "grown ass man" says so: "it was a decision I made for competitive reasons I won't discuss here", which is pretty much what Daboll and McDermott have said about the pass-happy first half.  None of us can do whatever we want.  Good leaders at core, serve the people they lead.

I really like your Youtube fan blogger calling himself "Jet Central".  Do you watch him?  He seems to know his football.  He kept it real about both Darnold and Gase.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

From Sam Darnold's interview, it sounds as though he was much more measured and positive in the locker room, so maybe it's not as bad as we think.

Or maybe that's his version of "good cop bad cop" - good coach in the locker room, bad coach stirring up the press to convey a message while being more positive F2F?  I dunno.  I wouldn't care for that myself - it would feel all the more like being back-stabbed.  Got something to say, say it to me.

I myself am biased against people who say "I can do whatever I want".  That's just not something a "grown ass man" says, ever.  Even if he doesn't feel he owes the press an explanation, a "grown ass man" says so: "it was a decision I made for competitive reasons I won't discuss here", which is pretty much what Daboll and McDermott have said about the pass-happy first half.  None of us can do whatever we want.  Good leaders at core, serve the people they lead.

I really like your Youtube fan blogger calling himself "Jet Central".  Do you watch him?  He seems to know his football.  He kept it real about both Darnold and Gase.

Stumbled across the same clip while looking for postgame material in the Bills channel section of Youtube, and agree totally. I did not expect to find a rational, clearly-thinking Jets fan after that (@Bleedingreennc excepted of course :)). 

32 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Wait did this happen?

Looking Ahead, Apple Has Its Cards Lined Up and Its Poker ...:)

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah, we'll see if Tennessee is that good but I think their win yesterday had more to do with Mayfield imploding and making poor decisions at the worst times. 

Yes. Last year he did not need to deal with opening pressure, coaching staff not see opposing defense except for in preseason, etc.  First games of season are rough for new QBs even 1st round ones.

20 hours ago, mattynh said:

You lose games when you turn the ball over 4 times even when you "outplay" the other team.

Really? I thought the score was what determined it. I guess I was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes. Last year he did not need to deal with opening pressure, coaching staff not see opposing defense except for in preseason, etc.  First games of season are rough for new QBs even 1st round ones.

Really? I thought the score was what determined it. I guess I was wrong.

Simple minds can only see things in black and white.

Jets waive K Kaare Vedvik after disastrous game in Bills loss, sign former Greg Zuerlein fill-in

The Jets waived Vedvik and signed Sam Ficken to replace him after auditioning five kickers Tuesday morning. The Jets announced the decision Tuesday afternoon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-waive-k-kaare-vedvik-disastrous-game-in-bills-loss-sign-former-greg-zuerlein-fillin-204721906.html

Edited by ALF

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Technology too difficult for you?

Probably not as difficult as it's gonna be for me to remove your teeth from my knuckles.

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1