Jets going down - Angry Gase throws Darnold, Kicker, Anderson, Greggo under the bus. "I can do whatever I want"

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

As great as it was to have a 17 point comeback.   The jets were a total ***** show and should have easily won that game.   

You mean, if they hadn’t been outplayed on both sides of the ball?

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mattynh said:

As great as it was to have a 17 point comeback.   The jets were a total ***** show and should have easily won that game.   

But they didn’t!

and why is your picture Jets Green?

25 minutes ago, Manther said:

I don't know ever about 4 automatic wins.  Regarding two dumpster fires in our Division is AWESOME!  Miami is a dumpster fire, full blown dumpster fire!!  The Jets.....on its way to a dumpster fire.  I hope we see two dumpster fires at the same time in our division.  

The last time we saw two dumpster fires in the AFC East at the same time and neither was the Bills was last Century?

Miami is so bad they can’t even start a fire on their dumpster ?

225A0280-2301-4E9B-802A-3EF2DD62F0AC.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I said it about half a season in at Miami. He always thinks he is the smartest man in the room and he takes no accountability for anything. He just sulks that his players can't execute his genius game plans because.... in case you didn't hear the first time... he is the smartest man in the room. 

He made the playoffs that season and I was already saying it couldn't last. 

This pretty much mirrors something I said elsewhere.  Gase def. gives me that impression.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This pretty much mirrors something I said elsewhere.  Gase def. gives me that impression.

It is the Glenn Hoddle syndrome. Probably means nothing to you guys but he was a supremely talented England soccer player who later became the coach and couldn't manage the team because they were not as talented as he was. He famously ended a World Cup training session because David Beckham couldn't get a particular free kick they were practicing right. Hoddle grabbed the ball, put it down, curled it right into the top corner first time declared that it wasn't hard and sent them all in. 

Gase reminds me of that without the credibility of having been there and done it himself. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, eball said:

Game 1 BB vs. McD:  9-3 NE at the half

Game 2 BB vs. McD:  13-13 at the half (and Bills robbed of TD or they would have had lead)

Game 3 BB vs. McD:  9-6 NE in 4th quarter with Derek freaking Anderson at QB

Game 4 BB vs. McD:  14-6 NE in 3rd quarter

In all four games McD took a vastly inferior team and kept the games close well into the 2nd half.  If you call that BB “owning” McD well then good on ya.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

And YES, some of your little disciples have argued “why is McD any better than Gase” because the W/L records were similar.

I do give McDermott credit because he does tend to keep the *cheats in check.  What’s interesting this year is that the *Cheats may actually have a halfway decent D.  It’s very early to tell but remember last year this was to be their Achilles heel. No doubt that the Bills will have to play mistake free ball to win but I have a sneaking suspicion that this could be the year.  Let’s hope the Bills walks away with a W the third time we play the *Cheats this year.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

They did pull through at the end but played poorly overall the 1st 3 quarters.  If the Jets had a better FG kicker we might be talking about a different result you know.

Onward and upward.  

See, here is where I have a problem with "If" ing the game.  If the Jets had a better FG kicker.  If they hadn't caught a couple of lucky bounces.  If our D had caught a couple of Darnold's deflections.  You can go all through the game saying "if this or that play were different" but if it were different, it would have been a different game with different calls and decisions all through.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

That reporter thought THAT was refreshingly awesome?!?! I didn't realize zero accountability from a HC coach was such an honorable trait

I thought the same thing at first and then I realized that the author was referring to Gase being a little crazy, wearing his heart on his sleeve, etc. Gives a lot more to report about and from the author's perspective, it's refreshingly awesome. At least that's how I interpreted it.