Did they avoid Tre?

Hebert19

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Assuming he was lined up on Robby Anderson, who did nothing, I think 2 catches...but I never kept my attention on him. Crowder had like 100 catches but I think they were all about 5 yards.

Crowder 14 grabs for 99 yards...its near impossible to catch that many passes and be under 100 yards be he managed it somehow...in PPR fantasy leagues he was a stud tho!

Really eager to see how this defense plays the pats.  Does white follow AB?  Since Wallace has entered the starting lineup, has white shadowed anyone at all?  Or do they strictly play sides? I can’t remember seeing Wallace on the left side. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Really eager to see how this defense plays the pats.  Does white follow AB?  Since Wallace has entered the starting lineup, has white shadowed anyone at all?  Or do they strictly play sides? I can’t remember seeing Wallace on the left side. 

I think if you play man to man against the pats, you will lose.  They use the rub/pick/offensive pi techniques to separate the DB from his man very effectively.  I think it has to be some sort of a zone approach.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:32 AM, Codyny13 said:

Assuming he was lined up on Robby Anderson, who did nothing, I think 2 catches...but I never kept my attention on him. Crowder had like 100 catches but I think they were all about 5 yards.

14 catches for 90+ yards total

On 9/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, billsbackto81 said:

They made mention of this on WFAN today. On practically all Jet 3rd downs the ball was delivered short of marker intentionally. Some were made with YAC and most weren't.

Did they say anything else?  Was there some sort of idea that YAC was the best bet because they can't go deep on us, or do we demonstrate poor tackling on YAC plays?

On 9/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, mannc said:

maybe they just forgot about Tre.

Nowadays quarterbacks wanna throw like they gonna make a play, but nothing pans out when they flick their wrist, they just completely miss, all these chuckers just act like they forgot about Tre...

sorry @Sherlock Holmes had to one up you

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Did they say anything else?  Was there some sort of idea that YAC was the best bet because they can't go deep on us, or do we demonstrate poor tackling on YAC plays?

Yep, that was the idea. Since they were not having success deep they felt letting Bell and Crowder work underneath was their best bet moving the chains. Our tackling was solid. If they made the first down it usually wasn't by much. This is a common practice in a Gase offense when going up against exceptional secondaries.

• Thank you (+1) 1