OBJ Wears $250K Watch During Game

JP's Voice

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think he put that much thought into it.  I say that because he comes across as having the mindset of an angst ridden 15 year old. 

I dont think he wants to offend people.  I think he cares a whole lot about people thinking he is a cool trend setter.  He likes being a celebrity.

Yet his coaches allow it. That seems to be the climate in Cleveland. Yeah, real cool...I guess in a superficial way.

Edited by Rocket94

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Guys like OBJ and AB need to sit down with Larry Fitzgerald and learn how to play WR in the NFL without looking like an #######. ?

You either have class or you don't. Class isnt something you buy. Fitzgerald quietly goes about his job in a very humble and professional way...now that is class.

Edited by Rocket94

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Guys like OBJ and AB need to sit down with Larry Fitzgerald and learn how to play WR in the NFL without looking like an a-hole. ?

He is definitely a guy the others should be looking up to. They said yesterday it looked like he told Murray to get him the ball and they both carried the Cards back into the game in the 4th

Guys like OBJ and Brown would have probably been off getting prepped for post game interviews or sulking that they weren't getting more throws instead of taking leadership...

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

You either have class or you don't. Class isnt something you buy. Fitzgerald quietly goes about his job in a very humble and professional way...now that is class.

I disagree.  It is something that can be learned...that is if the diva's are willing to change.  Unfortunately in some cases, millions of dollars can make them not care less how they are perceived.

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Stupid.  Not only from a watch damage perspective, but he could be de-gloved.

Motorsports drivers never wear a watch while driving (or at least should not) for this reason. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degloving

GAAAAHHHHHH NO NO NO PLEASE GOD NO

I was worried about the watch stripping skin off of OTHER players, but then you had to go and remind me of the horrors of...blech...degloving...

• Haha (+1) 1

I will never understand Jewelry. Obscene money for shiny metal and sparkly rocks that somehow correlate with a persons self worth.

to each their own,.....  but I find it to be such a turn off.

what I really don't understand is why anyone on the planet would wear a $250k watch while playing in an NFL football game.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I disagree.  It is something that can be learned...that is if the diva's are willing to change.  Unfortunately in some cases, millions of dollars can make them not care less how they are perceived.

I suppose chronologically...hopefully maturity.

When my daughter played high level soccer, the refs used to check all of the players for bracelets, etc knowing that someone could easily lose a finger getting it caught in such jewelry...and there is far less contact in soccer.  It would seem to me that the Players Association would put a stop to this stuff.  In fact, I noticed that Darnold was wearing at least a couple of those rubber 'in memory of' bracelets during the game yesterday. I can just image the reaction if a D Lineman were to get his finger caught in those things while reaching for a sack! 

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

people still wear watches? 

I like watches, and I have a few newfangled, bluetooth ones (Fitbit Smartwatch, Samsung Gear S3, Garmin), as well as about 35 "regular" watches. They range in cost from $50 to $500.

I mean, do I need any of them? Probably not....but you can probably say that for about 50% of the stuff I own. LOL

OBJ says he will not take it off.

"I'll still be wearing it," Beckham said Tuesday, per ESPN. "The same way I wear it every day I go to practice, when I go here, I go there, been wearing it. Take a shower with it on. It's just on me."

"If anybody else would've worn the watch, if it was a $20 watch, it wouldn't been no problem," he said. "That's just my life. If it ain't this, it's something else. If it wasn't the watch, it would've been the way I'd tied my shoes."

Poor persecuted OBJ.

SMH

nfl.com

On 9/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, JP's Voice said:

This guy is a total clown. I wouldn't wear my $250 watch in a game of pick-up basketball let alone a contact NFL game! Must be nice to be a $95 million dollar man...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27577756/nfl-speak-obj-wearing-watch

..or he gets something in exchange for wearing that watch in games. #productplacement.