OBJ Wears $250K Watch During Game

JP's Voice

I'm sure it's a watch from a sponsor.

Richard Mille is the brand.

And actually, that's one of their lower level watches.

I know it's not a contact sport, but many of the tennis players wear super high end watches when playing.

Stan Wawrinka's sponsor is Audemars Piguet, and Richard Mille sponsors Rafael Nadal, I believe.

Edited by Plano

2 minutes ago, Plano said:

I'm sure it's a watch from a sponsor.

Richard Mille is the brand.

And actually, that's one of their lower level watches.

I know it's not a contact sport, but many of the tennis players wear super high end watches when playing.

Stan Wawrinka's sponsor is Audemars Piguet, and Richard Mille sponsors Rafael Nadal, I believe.

Yea tennis players like Nadal wear Richard mille watches while playing but it's legal and not a contact sport

OBJ will get fined and it's just super ignorant to wear that during a game. Like saying look at me, I'm so rich and popular I can do whatever I want. See this 300k watch? The one you guys will probably never be able to afford

I'm actually gonna wear it during a game because it doesn't even matter to me if it breaks

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea tennis players like Nadal wear Richard mille watches while playing but it's legal and not a contact sport

OBJ will get fined and it's just super ignorant to wear that during a game. Like saying look at me, I'm so rich and popular I can do whatever I want. See this 300k watch? The one you guys will probably never be able to afford

I'm actually gonna wear it during a game because it doesn't even matter to me if it breaks

I dont think he put that much thought into it.  I say that because he comes across as having the mindset of an angst ridden 15 year old. 

I dont think he wants to offend people.  I think he cares a whole lot about people thinking he is a cool trend setter.  He likes being a celebrity.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think comparing tennis to the NFL makes sense for this topic.  It's a non-contact sport.  And I really don't care if a wealthy guy breaks his watch during a game, or if the sponsor is comping him the watch, I don't care if they take a loss on the value of the watch.  I think it's really question of player safety.  Nothing good can come out of wearing a watch during a football game.  If the watch were to break during an impact, small metal parts or jewels (or whatever else is part of this watch) could get into a player's eye and do some damage.  Even if it didn't break, it could injure a player during a tackle or other contact.  It's reckless and stupid and just the kind of thing a "look at me" player like OBJ would do.  I'll stick with "process" guys.  It's stuff like this that shows why the Giants moved on from a player with such immense talent.

but did it help them win the game?

seems the browns had a tough outing.

first game of the season for just about any team aside from the tanking fins, shouldn't really set in stone how that team finishes the season. some teams were just more prepared then others and those, like the browns who do have some talent to win some games, may not of been?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

First time I read about it they said $350k, now it's $200k. Did the value decrease because it's been worn now? Or maybe it got a scratch? Lol

I thought maybe he forgot to take it off too? They said he could face a huge fine from the NFL for wearing it, and they compared Urlacher getting $100k fine for wearing a Vitamin Water hat during a post game interview because the watch wasn't from a sponsored company.

I'm sure he could now sell it online as a 'game worn' item and make back what ever it was worth and  enough to cover any fines if he also signs the box it came in....