Hated the turnovers....but man...Josh Allen's short game

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In a second year raw QB you look for improvements....and frankly I saw them

I loved Josh Allen's emphasis to use his short game working his way down the field especially on that first drive...it didnt end in points but he was "taking what the defense gave him" and was efficient......

Its a process.....I just look for Josh to make improvements every week....it helps to have OL that block and receivers to throw to

......this kid's work ethic is a stalwart in his development......he's willing to do "whatever it takes" and is in good hands with Professor Palmer and QB Coach Dorsey......ex-QB's like Sims, Dilfer, Palmer, etc have given this kid net high marks...BUT...at the same time, they all offer critical analyses of good AND bad....we DID get the "right one"....

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dabolls offense is all about putting different personnel on the field. It makes it harder to game plan for and gives you more variety

Dabol will come out in 21 personnel ( 2 backs 1 TE) IForm, but then switch formations to a 5 wide look with 21 personnel. Defenses get confused when they see a FB line up out wide and other different formations

...but it certainly was worrisome to see Josh as the leading rusher with 10 carries for 38 yards early on.....

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In a second year raw QB you look for improvements....and frankly I saw them

I loved Josh Allen's emphasis to use his short game working his way down the field especially on that first drive...it didnt end in points but he was "taking what the defense gave him" and was efficient......

Its a process.....I just look for Josh to make improvements every week....it helps to have OL that block and receivers to throw to

Agreed...my favorite pass of the day was the crossing route to Smokey Brown for big RAC yards....don’t remember seeing that last year, so it was awesome to see that improvement ?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Agreed...my favorite pass of the day was the crossing route to Smokey Brown for big RAC yards....don’t remember seeing that last year, so it was awesome to see that improvement ?

I hope to see him continue to improve the short to medium accuracy and that play was a great example of that.  What Brady is extremely good at and why he has been so good so long is putting the short passes right where they should be to get RAC.  Right now too many of JA's short passes are stopped to quickly because the receiver needs to adjust just enough to get tackled.  If he can keep on getting better in that area those 4-5 yard gains become  8-10 year gains.

How anyone can not blame Beasley for the int has a huge hate for Allen.  Those pictures tell a 1000 words.

As for the TD pass, how many times did we see receiver adjust for a ball or play it rig last year?

Of course 3-4 drops too as is usual.

Heck 250 yard passing too is a start.