Calling it now...0-7 NJ Jets

eball

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'll actually be rooting for the Jets on MNF. I see the Browns as a more serious wildcard contender and the Jets could realistically lose their next 5 games after that.

Good point.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Interesting how a non-playoff team with a 5-11 record gets not 1 but 2 MNF games?

Couldn’t possibly care less. Night football games are one of the most overrated things going.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mr. WEO said:

In 2017 and 2018 he was backup to an actual made of glass starter.  In that guy's place, he twice led them to the playoffs and won a SB.  He was ready to play when they needed him both years, so why mention "preseason"?

Injuries are injuries.  

Hell, people were panicking Morse had 4 concussions in as many years.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
Damn autocorrect Morse
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Interesting how a non-playoff team with a 5-11 record gets not 1 but 2 MNF games?

May be a sacrificial lamb type of schelduling, at least that's the way it looks now. Not sure who the second game is against, but with Cleveland being one, that game was supposed to be hype vs hype. Wonder what they think of that choice now?

Edited by buffalo2218

8 hours ago, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

They played the Bills, one of the best teams in the NFL right now. They should win a few games.

• Like (+1) 1

If they have Q and Mosley available for Cleveland, the Jets could win that game. 

The Browns defense isn’t that good, so the Jets should be able to score some points.   

Beckham, Landry and Njoku should be a nightmare for the Jets Secondary, but the Browns OL is pretty bad. 

10 hours ago, H2o said:

I said this in another thread a couple of weeks ago. The first 7 weeks of their schedule is tough. I said if they lost to us then 0-7 was a real possibility. Gase is going to waste the next two years of Darnold for Jets fans. :thumbsup:

I honestly expected the Bills to lay a complete beat down on the Jets.

Gase reminds me a lot of Todd Haley and the Bills went into KC in 2011 on opening day and stunned everyone by obliterating Haley's burgeoning sh*t show.

Meanwhile I am listening to NFL observers all week saying that the Jets are going to be a "really good team"?    With that OL and those CB's?   Forget the Gase factor......it's hard to win with a glaring weakness on both sides of the ball.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Injuries are injuries.  

Hell, people were panicking Mose had 4 concussions in as many years.  

I don't know, man.

I thought the last concussion Mose took looked pretty serious

image.thumb.png.f157fe519a2a2556147ff6531c8a05df.png

• Like (+1) 1

My AFC EAST prediction 

New England 14-2 

Buffalo 9-7 

NY Jets 4-12

Miami 2-14 

5 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

My AFC EAST prediction 

New England 14-2 ( Pats sweeps us and everyone else in the division ) 

Buffalo 9-7 ( We beat the NY Jets / sweep them and make it to the wild card playoffs ) 

NY Jets 4-12 ( They beat Miami once and get 3 other wins perhaps the Browns and 2 upsets wins ) 

Miami 2-14 ( Split with the NY Jets and one upset win against an NFC opponent  ) 

Edited by Cygnus99

On 9/9/2019 at 11:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I honestly expected the Bills to lay a complete beat down on the Jets.

Gase reminds me a lot of Todd Haley and the Bills went into KC in 2011 on opening day and stunned everyone by obliterating Haley's burgeoning sh*t show.

Meanwhile I am listening to NFL observers all week saying that the Jets are going to be a "really good team"?    With that OL and those CB's?   Forget the Gase factor......it's hard to win with a glaring weakness on both sides of the ball.

This is what had me scratching my head when I heard all of these pundits lauding the Jest. How in holy hell are you going to be "good" with a bad o-line AND secondary??

BTW, I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet but WFAN just said that Darnold is out with mono and Bell, apparently, has a shoulder injury. You just can't make this stuff up with this dysfunctional organization. ?:beer:

On 9/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope they are bad but not horrible bad...because I want Gase back next year.

Funny, I was just thinking, if they go 0-7 to start the season, Gase may not last the year as head coach.  That team will take on the personality of it's coach, which is erratic and inconsistent at best, which means they will self destruct under pressure.  Hopefully, if he does get fired, he leaves them in shambles like he did with the Fins.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Darnold has mono and may be out "several weeks" for the Jets.

Just

End

The

Season

LOL. and so it begins...

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Funny, I was just thinking, if they go 0-7 to start the season, Gase may not last the year as head coach.  That team will take on the personality of it's coach, which is erratic and inconsistent at best, which means they will self destruct under pressure.  Hopefully, if he does get fired, he leaves them in shambles like he did with the Fins.

LOL. and so it begins...

Jets fire Gase, Dolphins fire Flores.  Jets repeat strategies and hire Flores.

• Like (+1) 2