Calling it now...0-7 NJ Jets

eball

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

The Jets will not go 0-7...they're better than 0-7.

What I know is that more than 90% of teams who win the turnover battle by 3 or more win the game.  The Jets weren't good enough to win a game yesterday that was gift-wrapped with a big shiny bow on top.  If you believe the Jets are "good enough" to beat the Browns, Pats***, Cowboys, and Eagles then you must think the Bills are really good.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

What I know is that more than 90% of teams who win the turnover battle by 3 or more win the game.  The Jets weren't good enough to win a game yesterday that was gift-wrapped with a big shiny bow on top.  If you believe the Jets are "good enough" to beat the Browns, Pats***, Cowboys, and Eagles then you must think the Bills are really good.

I think our defense might be really good. Which means if our offense is good enough this team could win 10 or 11 games. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

Doubt it, they are not a bad team. If teams can’t control Bell they will win some games. Probably a 7 win team this year.

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

They are very top heavy with talent. A few injuries could make them brutal. Similar to our Whaley era. 

Idk. On D they have a couple of very bad corners and nothing coming off the edge. Their starting OLB is out for the year. On O their make shift line is very suspect (Kalil was dreadful yesterday), their receivers are second tier, and I don't trust google eyes to bring Darnold along. They've got Bell and Crowder. Ununwa is talented but made of glass. They are already at risk of falling apart IMO. Not Dolphin bad, but bad nevertheless. 

Kudos to Mosely. What a player. If he's out they are done like dinner. 

Edited by starrymessenger

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

yes.  

If the following is correct 

Foles has hardly been a bastion of health himself.

2012: Broken hand, placed on IR

2013: Concussion, missed a game

2014: Broken collarbone, missed 8 games

2017: Elbow injury, missed entire preseason

2018: Bruised ribs

2019: Broken collarbone, out indefinitely

In 2017 and 2018 he was backup to an actual made of glass starter.  In that guy's place, he twice led them to the playoffs and won a SB.  He was ready to play when they needed him both years, so why mention "preseason"?

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He must be Italian.

Fra--geee-lay

17 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Idk. On D they have a couple of very bad corners and nothing coming off the edge. Their starting OLB is out for the year. On O their make shift line is very suspect (Kalil was dreadful yesterday), their receivers are second tier, and I don't trust google eyes to bring Darnold along. They've got Bell and Crowder. Ununwa is talented but made of glass. They are already at risk of falling apart IMO. Not Dolphin bad, but bad nevertheless. 

Kudos to Mosely. What a player. If he's out they are done like dinner. 

True.  Mosley was destroying the O-line yesterday.  Luckily JA can move a bit, but that guy was in the backfield until the groin.

31 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Interesting how a non-playoff team with a 5-11 record gets not 1 but 2 MNF games?

They have Darnold, ESPN's darling from the 2018 draft class, and made a couple of big $$$ signings in FA. They hyped them up as a playoff team and possible AFC East contender so they want to broadcast the product of their hype-machine.

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

At this point, I'm kinda rooting for the Cleveland tire fire because it will be much more fun than the usual Jets mess.

Not me. I don't care is Clevalnd wins or loses, but I do want them to beat the Jets because of the response to RM above. I think they give Gase at least 2 years regardless so I want to see them crash and burn all the way throughout. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, eball said:

My belief before the season began was that if the Bills were able to beat the Jets twice, beat the Browns, and avoid major injuries, that they'd be a team right at the top fighting for a wildcard berth, or that they would make the playoffs outright while other teams in the AFC were battling for that last spot.

I think both the Jets and the Browns are teams on the rise, so the Bills beating the Jets once in the fashion that they did on the road, is a good indicator that Bills are also to be mentioned as a team on the rise IMO. 

I'm not buying that the Browns are as bad as that thrashing suggests they are, nor am I buying that Jets are 0-7 bad. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

At this point, I'm kinda rooting for the Cleveland tire fire because it will be much more fun than the usual Jets mess.

Cleveland doesn't have it easy early on either. After the Jets they have Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks and Patriots. Those teams are 5-0 after week one.

I'm hoping both these teams go down in flames. I feel for Browns fans (how could you not) but I really don't like the makeup of the team. I love to see teams that "win the offseason" crash and burn.

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm not buying that the Browns are as bad as that thrashing suggests they are, nor am I buying that Jets are 0-7 bad. 

My guess is whichever one comes out of next week's game 0-2 will be in for a long season.

Edited by MDH