Calling it now...0-7 NJ Jets

eball

My biggest gripe has always been the inconsistency of the holding and Pass Interference calls...and sometimes it happens in the same game! We all know that they can call holding on just about every play if they want to, but lately it seems like the PI calls are WAY out of control too. Personally, I think that PI should only be called if it's very blatant.

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Either this is an incredibly dumb post or I'm missing something.  Where'd you get that 75 percent from?

When you watch a game do you believe that 3 of every 4 calls is correct? I will state that I am including missed calls that have to called such as face mask calls. In Pats* game alone they missed 3 face masks which included non calls that benefited us.

44 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

My biggest gripe has always been the inconsistency of the holding and Pass Interference calls...and sometimes it happens in the same game! We all know that they can call holding on just about every play if they want to, but lately it seems like the PI calls are WAY out of control too. Personally, I think that PI should only be called if it's very blatant.

I agree but it is even more maddening when one week OPI needs to have contact and the next week a player can get called without contact and both are upheld on challenge. 

11 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Not even close to accurate. You can look it up. Or pay attention. 

I can look what up? The amount of calls that are overturned? But even more important is what are you arguing- that the NFL officials are good? They are worse than the NBA officials at this point.

Let’s hope Gase gets his head out of his backside for the Browns game, then he can tuck it right back in... 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Mods, please feel free to close this one down.  The Jets proved me wrong -- barely.  I see them winning five or six now.  Not enough to get into the playoff race but they will be competitive in most games, I think, unless Sam keeps getting teenage diseases.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Thank you for that scintillating correction.  I stand in awe of your perspicacity.  You are a towering example of truth and brilliance to all of us, and a credit to the board.

And if you haven't figure it out yet, I'll tell you what I really think when you hit 250 posts.  

I find it odd that you seem to measure posters' worth based on their level of activity on the board, as if that has some bearing on the validity of their perspectives. Someone could be the world's #1 football expert, just coming to this board for the first time, and you'd still belittle him and his post count just because you've been on this particular forum longer? Seems ignorant.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

I think that with a healthy Darnold they are between a 7 and 9 win team.  Darnold looked pretty good and I think the Bills caught a break with his mono

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think that with a healthy Darnold they are between a 7 and 9 win team.  Darnold looked pretty good and I think the Bills caught a break with his mono

Absolutely agree and he has some help and weapons on his side of the ball. They also seemed to play a lot more inspired yesterday too with him behind C. 

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Mods, please feel free to close this one down.  The Jets proved me wrong -- barely.  I see them winning five or six now.  Not enough to get into the playoff race but they will be competitive in most games, I think, unless Sam keeps getting teenage diseases.

You can always redefine what you meant ... like maybe it was 0-7 on the road? 

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I find it odd that you seem to measure posters' worth based on their level of activity on the board, as if that has some bearing on the validity of their perspectives. Someone could be the world's #1 football expert, just coming to this board for the first time, and you'd still belittle him and his post count just because you've been on this particular forum longer? Seems ignorant.

Don't worry about me.

His 70,000 posts have to count in his life for some kind of self-worth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, HappyDays said:

I'll actually be rooting for the Jets on MNF. I see the Browns as a more serious wildcard contender and the Jets could realistically lose their next 5 games after that.

I am actually worried about the CLE game. It will probably be one of the tougher games on the schedule. They gave SEA some trouble, and I think we are built similarly to them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, H2o said:

I said this in another thread a couple of weeks ago. The first 7 weeks of their schedule is tough. I said if they lost to us then 0-7 was a real possibility. Gase is going to waste the next two years of Darnold for Jets fans. :thumbsup:

Or Not. 

Thought the Cowboys looked bad last night.  I'm not sure their D is legit top-10.  @CowgirlsFan did they have someone out with injuries or something? 

Also, at this point Darnold is fresh and uninjured while the rest of the league is dinged up and achey.  His return def. had the Jets fired up.

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am actually worried about the CLE game. It will probably be one of the tougher games on the schedule. They gave SEA some trouble, and I think we are built similarly to them. 

Say more about what you see as similar?

Seattle currently has the #22 defense, points  or yards.  When I've watched them, they need work on their tackling.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or Not. 

Thought the Cowboys looked bad last night.  I'm not sure their D is legit top-10.  @CowgirlsFan did they have someone out with injuries or something? 

Also, at this point Darnold is fresh and uninjured while the rest of the league is dinged up and achey.  His return def. had the Jets fired up.

Dallas was missing a couple of guys on the OL I believe, but I think the defense was basically intact. Their secondary is still suspect. This was probably the worst called game by their new OC, Kellen Moore, by far as well.  

You are right about Darnold being well rested while others are banged up. That whole team did rally around him as well. I still stand by my Gase comments wholeheartedly. The guy is a crap coach who rode Peyton's coat tails to a couple of HC gigs. He will waste the next couple of years of Darnold for the Jets at least. On a side note though, that Greggo defense was out there hitting people yesterday. 

Edited by H2o

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dallas was missing a couple of guys on the OL I believe, but I think the defense was basically intact. Their secondary is still suspect. This was probably the worst called game by their new OC, Kellen Moore, by far as well.  

You are right about Darnold being well rested while others are banged up. That whole team did rally around him as well. I still stand by my Gase comments wholeheartedly. The guy is a crap coach who rode Peyton's coat tails to a couple of HC gigs. He will waste the next couple of years of Darnold for the Jets at least. On a side note though, that Greggo defense was out there hitting people yesterday. 

Can Greggo's defense put some hits on Brady next week. If so, Darnold's offense can put some points up on NE "vaunted" defense and beat the Patriots 

15 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Can Greggo's defense put some hits on Brady next week. If so, Darnold's offense can put some points up on NE "vaunted" defense and beat the Patriots 

God I hope so. I love watching Brady get hammered by opposing defenses and getting that bewildered look on his face. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ugh...not so fast, listening to Joe and Evan on WFAN today, you would think the Jets were going to the playoffs, they are literally

giddy, maybe with good reason. Unfortunately, they completely dismiss the Bills...they crowned the Pats and said 

who else is good in AFC? "...KC, Houston? Indianapolis?" and "the way the standings are today is nothing like they 

will look later in the season" I could swear Evan was talking about Buffalo. Shrug. Funny how one game makes a difference.

Fitz has a career day, and somehow Bills lose vs Fins,  guaranteed the doom and gloom will be horrific here.

Edited by Albwan

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Can Greggo's defense put some hits on Brady next week. 

Legal, probably not.  Illegal?  Absolutely!  Our boy Anderson will go gangsta on Marcia's knees three seconds after the ball is gone, the Anderson's wife will tweet that he tripped.  I'll be fine with it, of course, 'cause Marcia.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Go to page 1.   

Under   Moderation Actions ....  DELETE thread ..... 

if you happen to be serious that is 

You were THIS lol Close