Calling it now...0-7 NJ Jets

eball

6 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hell, I dont like the Jets

Bleeding...I have friends from NY.  You are just in a tough spot, buddy.  

It's one thing to make fun, en masse to a fanbase.  However, not to an individual (although i could be wrong on both!).

Sorry for your pain, because I know it just plain sucks.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

Don't love it that much.  The worse the Jets and Giants are, the less our wins mean, if you are trying to project out to see just what we have this season.  

I think they are both pretty lousy, 5 win or less teams.  Now that the Giants have pulled Eli, they are going to be worse, even if Eli's time is done.

I'm not that happy about beating 2 really bad teams.  But wins are wins and I will take them.

I will also take another win off the Jets later in the year.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I wonder if Bell is regretting his decision yet? 

Incredibly Gase, a supposed genius on offence, apparently didn't even want him. No better proof that he's totally clueless. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s on ESPN

Ok so they know where to find him. All is well.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, GunnerBill said:

I think they will beat the Browns on MNF. 

Just finished the Browns game....  man that is a badly prepared and poorly coached team. I think Kitchens is out his depth. 

Ha. This was before Darnold and Mosely were declared out. I changed my pick em pick on Friday. 

Ah the misery of other team's fans suffering... it warms my heart.

Jets fans from the "wow-gase-does-suck" thread:

I don't need a touchdown. All I want is one completed pass.

Oh a false start. Nice.

Because it's the 3rd quarter and they haven't completed a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. The offense has never looked this bad under any coach and coordinator in my lifetime of 30 years.

I'd actually get excited if the Jets signed Sanchez for the next few weeks.

>I will gladly sign for 0-16 if it guarantees me that Gase will be gone.

Bonus points for being able to trade out of the #1 pick to screw Miami out of their top QB choice.

I haven't read through the threads tonight ... has anyone mentioned that our uniforms are pathetic?

It would have been nice to at least get to the bye week before the ***** hit the fan.

Well, I guess maybe you missed the news as of late, but I can summarize it for you.

Darnold has mono.
Siemien broke his leg.
Herndon is serving a 4 game suspension for PEDs.
Enunwa is out for the season with a second neck injury.
Kalil came out of retirement to help an offensive line that was not addressed in Mac's last offseason.
Demarius Thomas injured his hamstring.

But ***** it. It's Gase's fault!

Gase was making out with Darnold, gave him mono, while rubbing Enunwa's neck a little too hard causing Herndon to have to take PEDs to get stronger to stop him from breaking Siemien's leg and forcing Kalil to think he needs to come out of retirement to save the Jets, all while Mac watched and was forced to run out of town chased by Demaryus Thomas who pulled his hamstring in the process.

Tell me this doesn't sound believable.  And in such stark contrast to what the Bills did to fix the OL.

Here’s the thing: all summer, me and many other fat dumb drunks are sitting on the couch watching the Jets new hire Crazy Eyes Hirsch. We say “cool, offensive guy. He’ll fix the offensive line”. We hear him say “blah blah dynamic offense blah blah” and we go “offensive line”. We watch him fire and hire various members of the organization and we say “offensive line”. We hear him praise Darnold and we say “offensive line”. He goes on about the new “offensive minded philosophy,” and we say “offensive line”. He signs a guy out of the rest home and we say “no, really, offensive line”. In the third week of pre season we watch Belicheat pen three FA O lineman, and we say “offensive line?” And he just looks at us with that crazy stare.

Cause you see, with an even halfway competent O line, that kid they took out of the stands to play QB at least keeps us in the game last night. So you can make all the excuses you want for him - injuries, mono, voodoo curses - the simple fact is our fat drunk couch sitting asses saw the main problem with this team and either he didn’t or did and chose to ignore it. And that fact in and of itself makes me begin the count down to him joining the unemployment line.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, eball said:

What I know is that more than 90% of teams who win the turnover battle by 3 or more win the game.  The Jets weren't good enough to win a game yesterday that was gift-wrapped with a big shiny bow on top.  If you believe the Jets are "good enough" to beat the Browns, Pats***, Cowboys, and Eagles then you must think the Bills are really good.

Cowboys down...told ya.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

THAT'S......Why they play the games.

What the Hell, Dallas? Now a must-win game against Philadelphia next week. Must-win for the Eagles too.

I thought we play the games so the guys in striped shirts can throw those cute yellow flags all day.