Calling it now...0-7 NJ Jets

eball

The Jets lack depth due to jettisoning their second round picks for Darnold and spending significant sums of money on Bell and Mosely, both good, but no depth.

The Browns got caught up on their "media win' and forgot to show and play.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

Wow, had not checked their schedule...YIKES thats a murderous row for sure to start the season.  You could be right

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

If they don't beat the Browns then there won't be a W for them until the Dolphins.

image.thumb.png.aa56ce3bb09152ef2300734be1da67c2.png

Probably not, but I also realize that this is the nfl and upsets happen, players get hurt, teams improve, teams get worse, etc.....

Things will change from week 1-7

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fragile?

yes.  

If the following is correct 

Foles has hardly been a bastion of health himself.

2012: Broken hand, placed on IR

2013: Concussion, missed a game

2014: Broken collarbone, missed 8 games

2017: Elbow injury, missed entire preseason

2018: Bruised ribs

2019: Broken collarbone, out indefinitely

The Jets defense looked really good until their MLB went out.  If they get him back, their D will steal some games for them, as it almost did yesterday.  Fortunately our O got untracked, and our D is even better than their D.

The Jets early schedule this year is almost as brutal as ours was last year.  By the time it gets softer, their season will be over.

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

If they don't beat the Browns then there won't be a W for them until the Dolphins.

image.thumb.png.aa56ce3bb09152ef2300734be1da67c2.png

The NY Daily News Jet beat reporter was complaining how many Bills fans were at the game.  He ain't seen nothin' yet-90% of the stadium will be Cowboys fans on October 13th (and the other 10% will have bags over their heads).  

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, eball said:

When you can't take advantage of four gift-wrapped turnovers at home and blow a 16-pt 2nd half lead you know you're in trouble.  Next week the Jets get Cleveland on Monday night...if they don't win that one they are facing a gauntlet of @Pats***, @Eagles, Cowboys, Pats***, and @Jags, before finally catching a break by going to Miami.

Love it.

Be careful there.  The more you point out the Jets' inadequacies, the more you lesson our achievement yesterday.

It cuts both ways.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

They could beat the Jags. They could beat the Browns. We'll see though.

Agreed. They could beat the Eagles also. They look definitely improved. How long that will hold up with Gase driving the bus we will see. But I think they could beat some of these teams coming up without a doubt.

If any team starts 0-7 or 0-8 I'd bet the Fins before Jets definitely.

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Love it.

Their problem was going up against a re-charged Bills O that finally finished off their drives when it counted, and a D that just wouldn't quit! Makes me wanna, I dunno, get ready to run through a wall or something!!:D

Buffalo Bills Tailgate GIF by EliteSportsTours

36 minutes ago, eball said:

Love it.

The Jets will not go 0-7...they're better than 0-7.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Love it.

Either the Jets are bad or... the Bills are good.

Choose one.

Cleveland is going to be pissed after how they started against a very surprisingly balanced Tenn team.    I won't be surprised though if this game ends up being high scoring.  The Cle D allowing points to Tenn is worrisome, but I expect OBJ and Mayfield to exploit the Jets secondary.