PFF really hates Josh Allen

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Josh Allen is easily the most polarizing QB ive ever seen. 

Analytics guys hate him because he, up until yesterday, doesn't dink and dunk his way to 60% completion percentages. 

Draft guys apparently need to be right, while never admitting mistakes, so they hold onto this Wyoming view of Josh Allen.  

Then there's a handful of analysts that think he has superstar potential. 

Meanwhile, he somehow turns the ball over 4x yet wins the game and looks better than his draft counterparts Baker and Sam in Week 1.

Seriously though...Tim Tebow was equally polarizing, because all that mattered was the W to some fans. 

Here is to hoping that Allen’s story ends differently. 

25 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

PFF can piss off! Who cares lets just win. Take the turnovers away that weren’t on Josh and he is looking pretty darn good for minimal starts under his belt.

Take these events away and he looks pretty good insert excuse...

I get what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. But at some point Josh Allen needs to look good without adding “remove this” and he looked good. Or “considering” he looked good. He hasn’t don’t that yet. We hope he does though. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Perhaps the only reason we don't like them is because to date they've been hard on our young QB who has had his fair share of growing pains??  

Nope. I've hated them for years. They use broadcast footage and unpaid interns to do 90% of their analysis. The objective stat stuff they do is good, but their subjective player grades have always been a joke. It is impossible to grade an NFL play using broadcast footage without any idea of the play call.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nope. I've hated them for years. They use broadcast footage and unpaid interns to do 90% of their analysis. The objective stat stuff they do is good, but their subjective player grades have always been a joke. It is impossible to grade an NFL play using broadcast footage without any idea of the play call.

I knew they were full of :censored: when I watched some low budget YouTube video about the draft. They were talking about the "PFF Draft Guide", how it was in circulation throughout all of the NFL organizations, and you could tell which teams were going by it. I laughed so hard when I heard those idiots say some dumb :censored: like that. It was at that point I realized how much of some kind of talent evaluator wanna-be's these jerk-offs were. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I knew they were full of :censored: when I watched some low budget YouTube video about the draft. They were talking about the "PFF Draft Guide", how it was in circulation throughout all of the NFL organizations, and you could tell which teams were going by it. I laughed so hard when I heard those idiots say some dumb :censored: like that. It was at that point I realized how much of some kind of talent evaluator wanna-be's these jerk-offs were. 

Thank you for saying it for me! They just cheapen the game. Necessary part of the food chain I guess.

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Seriously though...Tim Tebow was equally polarizing, because all that mattered was the W to some fans. 

I get what you are saying, and agree to a certain extent. But at some point Josh Allen needs to look good without adding “remove this” and he looked good. Or “considering” he looked good. He hasn’t don’t that yet. We hope he does though. 

Excellent post.

For obvious reasons, most folks here in the Bills fanbase want to bend over backwards in support of Allen.

But at some point, he's going to have to find a way to be consistently good.  Not sometimes good.

That Jets team looks like a 5 win or less team.  Allen was good enough yesterday and we got the "W".  Great! 

But his performance yesterday, on the whole , will not be good enough to win most games, and in fact, would have resulted in a loss yesterday 99% of the time.  

That game yesterday was a statistical freak of nature.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

They don't hate Allen. 

They hate the idea that they may be wrong about Allen. 

OR they're calling it like they see it.  4 turnovers is 4 turnovers.  There were a couple more that could have bounced the wrong way as well.

Josh does a lot of good things, but the bad is there for everyone to see.  Bills fans tend to take the "glass half full" approach, is all.  Fortunately for Josh, he redeemed himself in the 4th quarter. 

PFF is not wrong.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Nice take you got there. :lol:

This smells of a national media outlet that did't even watch the game and relied solely on box scores: "Josh Allen 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 2 INTs, and 2 fumbles. He sucks."

Anyone who actually watched the game would have seen more positives than negatives:

1. The inaccuracy narrative (at least in the game) seemed quite unjustified.

2.  He stayed poised and made plays when he had to in the 4th quarter

3.  In the first half, he was pretty much the entire offense -- and did a nice job moving the ball.

4. Once could argue that NONE of the turnovers were his fault.

5. The rushing stats are usually not factored into the equation for QB quality analysis. Yet, Josh didn't just take off when he felt pressure; he actually scrambled with purpose.

Meanwhile, these same clowns are likely defending Mayfield and his 3 INTs against Tennessee yesterday because it fits their analytics narrative. "This game was an aberration", etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Excellent post.

For obvious reasons, most folks here in the Bills fanbase want to bend over backwards in support of Allen.

But at some point, he's going to have to find a way to be consistently good.  Not sometimes good.

That Jets team looks like a 5 win or less team.  Allen was good enough yesterday and we got the "W".  Great! 

But his performance yesterday, on the whole , will not be good enough to win most games, and in fact, would have resulted in a loss yesterday 99% of the time.  

That game yesterday was a statistical freak of nature.

you would find it to be excellent. 

3 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-what-we-learned-week-1-2019

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

sounds like they watched a few highlights but not the whole game. also everyone is analyzing him with an agenda based on their opinions of him coming out of the draft.

He may have been given 4 turnovers but was only responsible for two.  You hit a WR in the hands and he knocks it up in the air that ain’t the QB.  When the C hikes the ball into his own thigh and you never even touch it, the fumble ain’t on the QB.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, VW82 said:

Wasn't Josh the highest rated fantasy QB after returning from injury last year? As long as he keeps rushing for TDs and breaking the occasional long one he'll be a decent match up QB at worst and potential QB1 for a lot of fantasy owners.

Josh currently sits QB14 before the MNF games. He'll likely end the week exactly average. If this is how they react to average QB fantasy play, I wonder what they are saying about Roethlisburger?

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Its all just confirmation bias. If you had Josh scored low coming out, there is enough in the stats to confirm your bias. And before you scream "there is more to football than stats!", note that post is in a fantasy blog. Fantasy football is only stats.

Guess that's just another reason I don't play or follow FF. I'd rather just get a win, even a somewhat ugly win, against a division opponent in the season opener. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

And im talking the kid has a chance to be consistently good for years to come. I dont know why so many 
Bills fans are down on this idea. I know I know we have been let down by so many QBs since Kelly but damn why is everyone so afraid to admit that we may have our franchise QB here. I am choosing to be excited about it instead of debbie downer. im freaking sick of rooting for a team and knowing the QB isnt gonna amount to anything therefore coach and gm fired and back to square one yet again. cmon bills fans show some HOPE 

b

25 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m so surprised they didnt declare him the top QB in the league after that win.  Anyone who disagrees with me must be silenced. 

did anyone declare him the top QB in the league? this is the thing, especially on this board. the kid finished. before he finished he had some bad breaks, made some mistakes but also made some good plays. this was the first game of the season. have you seen some of the bad games around the league? the bills as a team finished and won yet there will be those that will find every damn thing they can to spin it in to a negative, that's messed up to me.

I mean, you can't even win on the road against a division rival in your first game of the season without all the negative hot takes. it's okay to critique a player but their are some already pretty much writing off JA. to me, yesterday was tough to watch that kid have so many negative plays (6, int saved by penalty, safety, 2 fumble, 2 int) against him and the team, tough. I was not feeling they would persevere, yet they did. he put those negative plays behind him and led the team to a victory, can't ask for more then that. 

the best thing about that game was not just the win but how they did not quit, no heads were hanging. this is a young team that has not even jelled yet on offense but they managed to do enough to get the win and that is the goal, win football games. there will be more to this development picking back up sun. against the giants who I'm sure they wont be taking lightly, as they shouldn't.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m so surprised they didnt declare him the top QB in the league after that win.  Anyone who disagrees with me must be silenced. 

This daily anger of Allen not being recognized is getting old. 

As are the takes of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Looking at YOU ned.