PFF really hates Josh Allen

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

I took him with the 2nd to last selection in my keeper league and in the later rounds of a random yearly league as well. Feeling pretty good about that right now as I already had Dalvin Cook and Saquon Barkley in my keeper league. He can easily slide into that flex option on a weekly basis. :thumbsup:

I not only drafted Singletary, but I drafted Hockenson too! I draft a rookie every year when I can, and it looks as if BOTH are going to be in my lineup every week. They both are absolute beasts!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-what-we-learned-week-1-2019

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

Lets hope Mr. Daboll is not a ghost writer for pff.

Let's see how objective they are. Here's what they had to say about the Browns and Jets:

What I think is real: The Browns line is going to be a problem. Baker Mayfield was sacked three times over his last seven games of 2018, then was sacked five times Sunday. The Browns’ offense should be fine overall, but the line is going to need some work.

What I don’t: Everything but the offensive line. Mayfield had an awful game, Nick Chubb and Odell Beckham Jr. had meh outings, there was nothing that indicates the Browns are going to be a stud team in 2019. But the team is better than this

What I think is real: After spending all preseason telling us Le’Veon Bell would not be a full-time back and we’d be seeing plenty of Ty Montgomery, Bell ended up playing all of the Jets’ offensive snaps. He had 17 carries and 9 targets. Meanwhile, Montgomery had two carries and no targets. We have a bell cow.

What I don’t: Jamison Crowder had 14 receptions on 17 targets. For 99 yards. He’s a patented underneath option, so he’s never going to be a massive yards-per-reception or yards-per-target guy, but if he continues getting that sort of target load (and he should), his yardage will skyrocket.

So Mayfield just had one awful game, but the offensive line was the real problem and the Browns offense will be better than that in the future. And Darnold gets no mention at all.

Moving right along...

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

Translation: He didn't watch the game.

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I stopped at PFF.

Smart man

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

To be fair, if you weren't a Bills or Jets fan would you have watched this game instead of watching KC throw the ball all over the park? 

Ha.  Actually, the KC-Jags game was on my TV while I was watching a stream of the Bills-Jets, and the former was actually a miserable game to watch.

It was just a thorough ass whupping of the Jags.   As much as I dislike Jax' Thug Culture and Marrone, it was such a one-sided beatdown that you'd have to be a true KC fan to enjoy it.   @Zerovoltz must have been straining his lips smiling.

But the thing is, I'm just a fan, not a football guru.  If I wanted to make a profession of and be taken seriously as the latter, I'd watch the game before I flapped my mouth

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's a longstanding policy that I will never put credence into anyone or any organization that uses made-up statistics that use equations that no one truly understands.

Oh-ho you mean, like ESPN? (QBR)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Comments from a writer slanted toward Fantasy Football should not be the same as those of graders who actually watch the plays but I suspect those will not be flattering either.    As for me, I am ok with how he played for most of the nearly 70 plays he ran.

But you take out those 2 fluky Ints and he has a top 15 fantasy performance.  By and large Allen is a victim of pre draft analysis.  People look at the box score and put it into their own narrative, that fits their own bias.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

He Well, he did throw 2 picks. What did you expect? Don't blame PFF for it. For the record, they are much better judges of talent than the vast majority of posters here that seem a bit starry eyed where there has been no real evidence to support it. Allen still has an awful lot to prove, yet most Bills fans talk like he's already done that. He hasn't. He threw several passes that he never should have and it should have been 3 picks, with that drop by Maye being the 3rd.

Edited by GreggTX

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Anyone who watched the game knows everyone of those turnovers was a bit unusual.  They pass to Beasley was a bad pass but 99-100 times that's an incomplete.  The fumble where Dawkins got beat wasn't a great play by Allen but it wasn't like he had poor pocket awareness, was looking downfield and got stripped.  The play was happening within his view and it look liked Dawkins had his block for a second.  The defender was able to get off quickly and it surprised Allen.  The other fumble was very unusual and I think Morse/Allen could snap another 1000 together and never have that happen again.  The second int was a batted ball which I think Allen and the coaches are going to have to be more aware of as a some of the dunks and screens they are using have a higher chance of being batted down.

Allen's worst pass of the game should have been picked at the goal line but was dropped.  This is why you do really have to watch the games and not listen to these PFF guys.  The other huge thing is every QB has really bad throws and make mistakes.  Josh Allen's are amplified because there are people already out there with an agenda looking to complete their narrative on him.  

Iv'e seen Brady, Manning, Roethlisburger, all of them throw some terrible INT's.  Peyton freaking Manning has several bad picks in playoff games including, INCLUDING, a pick 6 in the Super Bowl that clinched the loss.  How bad was that throw in overtime by Matt Stafford against Arizona?  Anyone who watched that knows Arizona should have won that game at the end because Matt Stafford pretty much gift wrapped a int that would have set the Cardinals up for and easy FG the would have won the game in OT.  The defender dropped it but it was worse than any play that Allen made yesterday.  Imagine if that was Allen. 

If Josh Allen had a 62% completion percentage in college at Auburn or some other SEC school, then was selected #1 overall, all the pundits today would talking about what we are talking about on this board right now, about his grit and how he came back with 2 TD drives in the 4th.  The ones of us that believe in him at least.  The narrative has already been laid out by the media and these guys are going to everything they can to back it up right up until it is undeniable that he is good-great.  Just watch the games and make your own opinion.  

I'll admit, somewhere around the middle of the 3rd quarter I was wondering to myself if I could make it on Hockey and Basketball alone, but overall I am excited.  I liked what I saw yesterday and most important we won.  Now let's see if they can fix the mistakes and have a more consistent offense this weekend. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, H2o said:

PFF is a :censored: joke. A couple of dorks making YouTube videos and coming up with some numbers in their mom's basement. I don't pay attention to anything they say. I watch games and players for myself.  

This is true.  They seem less knowledgeable than the die hard fans.  Also I know some people will argue this and I think it is part of the problem with Schopp, is they don't seem like athletes and probably haven't played the game much.  You cannot just read stats and think you know something better than the people who do it.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15740-1377733922-12

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He Well, he did throw 2 picks. What did you expect? Don't blame PFF for it. For the record, they are much better judges of talent than the vast majority of posters here that seem a bit starry eyed where there has been no real evidence to support it. Allen still has an awful lot to prove, yet most Bills fans talk like he's already done that. He hasn't. He threw several passes that he never should have and it should have been 3 picks, with that drop by Maye being the 3rd.

when evaluating yesterday's game, you first remove the Bills worst five plays and then you can do a proper analysis. Worrying about a Jets players drop is a job for the Jets fan forums.