PFF really hates Josh Allen

PFF is a :censored: joke. A couple of dorks making YouTube videos and coming up with some numbers in their mom's basement. I don't pay attention to anything they say. I watch games and players for myself.  

4 turnovers 6 turnovers 79 turnovers..... If JA puts the team on his back when it matters and in-turn gets us the W. I could care less about the stats.

I feel pff just looked at the stat sheet (2 interceptions and 2 fumbles) and wrote an article. Both picks were arguably not his fault and out of the 2 fumbles one was a botched snap, in which Morse claimed responsibility for.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They don't hate Allen. 

They hate the idea that they may be wrong about Allen. 

Yup.  They are an analytics site and analytics predicted Josh Allen would be a terrible NFL quarterback.  Well, he's now 6-5 in games he started and finished and has three 4th quarter comebacks to his credit during that short time.

• Like (+1) 1

Wasn't Josh the highest rated fantasy QB after returning from injury last year? As long as he keeps rushing for TDs and breaking the occasional long one he'll be a decent match up QB at worst and potential QB1 for a lot of fantasy owners.

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Overall, I agree with you about PFF and their illogical hatred of Josh Allen.

It's only fair to note, however, that this article pertains to fantasy football. I wouldn't start Allen just yet in fantasy, either, based on yesterday's game.

It is ALSO fair to note that for those of us who DID draft or pick up Singletary before Week 1, WE KNOW he's the starter now. He's fantasy gold, period. To IGNORE Singletary's emergence is just plain lazy and ignorant! Hell, even our DEFENSE is a great play most weeks.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4

Criticism]

PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[9] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of its 0-100 Player Grades -- not its advanced statistics. As such, the 0-100 Player Grades are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.

Plus, I hate Collinsworth...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Comments from a writer slanted toward Fantasy Football should not be the same as those of graders who actually watch the plays but I suspect those will not be flattering either.    As for me, I am ok with how he played for most of the nearly 70 plays he ran.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Comments from a writer slanted toward Fantasy Football should not be the same as those of graders who actually watch the plays but I suspect those will not be flattering either.  

He had a terrible game and still put up 17 fantasy points and was the 14th QB this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Josh Allen is easily the most polarizing QB ive ever seen. 

Analytics guys hate him because he, up until yesterday, doesn't dink and dunk his way to 60% completion percentages. 

Draft guys apparently need to be right, while never admitting mistakes, so they hold onto this Wyoming view of Josh Allen.  

Then there's a handful of analysts that think he has superstar potential. 

Meanwhile, he somehow turns the ball over 4x yet wins the game and looks better than his draft counterparts Baker and Sam in Week 1.

That was the most important part to me. He outplayed Darnold in Darnold's house.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It is ALSO fair to note that for those of us who DID draft or pick up Singletary before Week 1, WE KNOW he's the starter now. He's fantasy gold, period. To IGNORE Singletary's emergence is just plain lazy and ignorant! Hell, even our DEFENSE is a great play most weeks.

I took him with the 2nd to last selection in my keeper league and in the later rounds of a random yearly league as well. Feeling pretty good about that right now as I already had Dalvin Cook and Saquon Barkley in my keeper league. He can easily slide into that flex option on a weekly basis. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Overall, I agree with you about PFF and their illogical hatred of Josh Allen.

It's only fair to note, however, that this article pertains to fantasy football. I wouldn't start Allen just yet in fantasy, either, based on yesterday's game.

Just an FYI, Allen was one point under Mahomes in my league.

2 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

What bothers me about Josh Allen is that there is a Jay Cutler-ness about his game that I don't like. He needs good coaching.

I guess maybe a slight hint if you are talking about the arm, but he is more of a gamer than Cutler ever was. Josh is also more athletic than Cutler ever was. Their attitudes are also polar opposite. 

33 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-what-we-learned-week-1-2019

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

Talking about a player based on the end-result without a technical analysis is like a 2 year old predicting the POTUS.