PFF really hates Josh Allen

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-what-we-learned-week-1-2019

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

Edited by PirateHookerMD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

Overall, I agree with you about PFF and their illogical hatred of Josh Allen.

It's only fair to note, however, that this article pertains to fantasy football. I wouldn't start Allen just yet in fantasy, either, based on yesterday's game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

No comment on Singletary or the Defense, just hate on Josh Allen in both segments. 

Buffalo

What I think is real: Bad Josh Allen. He had two interceptions, two lost fumbles, and more mistakes that the Jets couldn’t capitalize on. He’s just not very good. … John Brown did what most of us thought Brown would do, scoring a long touchdown and leading the team in targets. He’ll be hit and miss, but the hits will be good.

What I don’t: Good Josh Allen. In the fourth quarter, he led two scoring drives to ultimately win the game, rushing for one touchdown and connecting with Brown on the game-winning score. But there is just too much that is a mess about his game right now.

Backhanded (at best) comments on what's real.  Totally misses who got Brown the ball and just had to add "He'll be hit and miss (Brown)."

I choose to ignore such lazy reporting as this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Buffalo

Guarantee they read game recaps and stat boxes and did NOT watch the game other than a highlight reel.

• Like (+1) 6

Say what you will about how messy Allen looks at times the kid has 4 fourth quarter comebacks in 11 games finished. The moment doesn't appear to be too big for him with the game on the line. He is also 6-5 in games started and finished.

It might not be pretty and might be very frustrating once there's a very good team around him but he tends to play his best football at the end of games. Probably because he's thinking less and just making plays. 

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Allen is easily the most polarizing QB ive ever seen. 

Analytics guys hate him because he, up until yesterday, doesn't dink and dunk his way to 60% completion percentages. 

Draft guys apparently need to be right, while never admitting mistakes, so they hold onto this Wyoming view of Josh Allen.  

Then there's a handful of analysts that think he has superstar potential. 

Meanwhile, he somehow turns the ball over 4x yet wins the game and looks better than his draft counterparts Baker and Sam in Week 1.

• Like (+1) 6