4th & 1, how did LeVeon Bell get that?

Estro

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Crowder was another good signing.  He is a royal pain in the ass for a defense.

Yea I have always liked Crowder. I have said elsewhere him catching so many balls yesterday was partly the Bills gameplan working effectively... but he is a good slot receiver. If they can get Enunwa and Anderson going some on the outside (which they couldn't yesterday) it will open things up even more for Crowder.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

As long as keeps having 14+ catches for under 100 yards I’ll take it all day. 

That what he does.  He's an underneath receiver, like Beasley, and a very good one.  Always open, doesn't drop the ball, and he often gets yards after contact.  Bills did a nice job tackling him after catch.

We couldn't believe he converted.  Upon seeing the replay, I saw why.  Just like the rest of the game, he is constantly moving forward, even when he's initially stopped.  It's very hard to bring him down.  

You can make an argument that Poyer should have done a better job standing him up for Edmunds' clean up, or that Philips should have held on longer, but there's a reason Bell is among the best.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Crowder was another good signing.  He is a royal pain in the ass for a defense.

I think the Bills covered Bell and the other WR giving space for Crowder and  Darnold took what was given to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Jordan Phillips got busy celebrating before actually finishing the tackle... Not a great look. 

I love Phillips as a player, but he's kinda dumb at times. 

This! He thought it had him and gave up a second early. He was flexing and celebrating as the refs were moving the chains. Philips has too many mental lapses, including a roughing the passer earlier in the game. Good player, but glad he's just rotational

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Jordan Phillips got busy celebrating before actually finishing the tackle... Not a great look. 

I love Phillips as a player, but he's kinda dumb at times. 

Verified by the film -- good observation.  Also, with Bell you need at least two guys to help stop forward momentum...Probably 85% of the backs in the league are stopped by the initial contact...but not Bell.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Poor tackling 

In the long run however the poor tackling ended up helping us... Made the Jets waste more time off the clock because they ran 4 more plays and got stopped. Lead to them having way less time on their final drive.