Did Josh throw after he saw the flag?

Batman1876

Just now, Batman1876 said:

I see lots of comments about how Josh should have had more INt's but I thought he threw the ball on the one that was called back after the defensive holding flag came out. Can anyone confirm or refute that for me? 

The Flag was thrown early, so I would anticipate Josh knew he had a Free play on that throw...  However I still do not like the decision because those flags in the secondary can get picked up, unlike a offside free play.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, golfball323 said:

this is a very optimistic thread...

I don't think he saw it and made a bad read/decision. All 22 will be telling

Reason I think h did is Beasley was the First read, (that is what the hold was on) and when he pulled the ball back down I think that is when he saw the flag and decided to try and get a bigger play.  Could be optimistic there but watching that play a couple times it looked to me he saw the flag on Beasley his initial read.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Flag was thrown early, so I would anticipate Josh knew he had a Free play on that throw...  However I still do not like the decision because those flags in the secondary can get picked up, unlike a offside free play.

This.  Even if he knew it was a free play, ref'ing in the NFL is too quirky and inconsistent to rely upon it.  It's also a habit thing.  He needs to build a habit to not take those chances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

and they can be challenged.

37 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Smoke said it was designed to go over the top, but JA threw it short because the DB took away the over the top.  I'm going with John "SmokeY" Brown on this one.

You're talking about the Brown TD.  We're talking about the play that was almost picked on the opposite side of the field.  Different play.

• Haha (+1) 1

He had the TE early but as mentioned looked like he wanted one of the middle hook routes

Ge got moved off his spot by the rush and picked up the TE late.  

I just like that he is reading progressions and looking to make plays down field 

this game was dominated by the Bills imo with the ball bouncing the Jets way for three quarters 

• Like (+1) 1