Back to Back games at Metlife,

ddaryl

I think this is a positive for Buffalo. The same stadium on the road 2 weeks in  a row.. Unique situation and beneficial for the Bills.

How often does this happen with teams playing the Jets and the Giants in a season. Back to Back road games at the same stadium

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I think this is a positive for Buffalo. The same stadium on the road 2 weeks in  a row.. Unique situation and beneficial for the Bills.

How often does this happen with teams playing the Jets and the Giants in a season. Back to Back road games at the same stadium

While unique, what is the "positive" and "beneficial" part?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

1) its a very short trip so travel is easy

2) familiarity. Many athletes are creatures of habit that like to have routines.

3) Bills fans showed up yesterday, they can show up again this coming Sunday

• Like (+1) 1

I do not know about you all, but I hear the game is in Buffalo next week against the Giants so I will there in my same seat rooting them on. I hope you will too. We need a big crowd there. See below if you do not believe me.

“The Giants are going to have a problem on the defensive side, as a season-opening loss to the Cowboys exposed their insufficient talent. No pass rush. An inability for any cornerback other than Janoris Jenkinsto cover. No difference-makers or playmakers. The Giants were outclassed by the Cowboys, allowing almost 500 total yards despite Dallas shutting it down early in the fourth quarter. And now the Giants will travel to Buffalo next week to face a team that overcame a 16-0 deficit to beat Jets on Sunday. -- Jordan Raanan”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/nfl_32for329819/week-1-nfl-takeaways-early-concern-browns-falcons

Edited by BillsDude

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will put this here..shout out to the Bills fans that were there..anyone see Hughes do this on the last series? I was loving it on the TV!!!

That was hilarious. The Giants fans are not as loud so my guess is next week will be easier on the ears. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will put this here..shout out to the Bills fans that were there..anyone see Hughes do this on the last series? I was loving it on the TV!!!

Bills mafia will be strong again next Sunday at MetLife!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

not bad.  Will be interesting to see if the Bills Run D can stop Barkley.  He's a better back at this point than Bell.  Good test for the run D.  We shut that down, we should be okay as long as the pass rush keeps this up.  Liked the blitzing last week.  I think Darnold handles that better than Manning will.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tis surely an advantage, for multiple reason.

1) THIS Season, the non Bills teams from N.Y. State are stiffs!

2) Back to back for familiarity and climate? PERFECT.

3) Reasonably close for Bills fans to attend in force- because the Home opposition are stiffs? CHECK! 

4) Starting out the year 2-0? PRICELESS!

11 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Tis surely an advantage, for multiple reason.

1) THIS Season, the non Bills teams from N.Y. State are stiffs!

2) Back to back for familiarity and climate? PERFECT.

3) Reasonably close for Bills fans to attend in force- because the Home opposition are stiffs? CHECK! 

4) Starting out the year 2-0? PRICELESS!

THERE ARE ZERO NON-BILLS TEAMS FROM N.Y. STATE!

New Jersey teams are 0-2.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not bad.  Will be interesting to see if the Bills Run D can stop Barkley.  He's a better back at this point than Bell.  Good test for the run D.  We shut that down, we should be okay as long as the pass rush keeps this up.  Liked the blitzing last week.  I think Darnold handles that better than Manning will.  

Barkley is a MUCH better back than Bell.   Manning will be better than Darnold.

OTOH, I don't think we get 4 weird turnovers in the first half again, and the young/new Bills players should gel better week to week.

They looked like a young team that first half.

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Barkley is a MUCH better back than Bell.   Manning will be better than Darnold.

OTOH, I don't think we get 4 weird turnovers in the first half again, and the young/new Bills players should gel better week to week.

They looked like a young team that first half.

Great points about the team looking young.  I also think with so many new players, it took them a while to get in rythym.  I expect the O line in particular to look much better this week.  

will be interesting to see if Manning handles the pressure as well as Darnold.  I was really impressed on a couple of plays by Darnold (mostly in the 1st half) of him avoiding the rush.  But with the game on the line, Darnold faded.  Manning won't do that.  

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Familiarity.. Comfort. I have to think the same away house 2 weeks in a row has to help the comfort level of the players some.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, John Adams said:

That was hilarious. The Giants fans are not as loud so my guess is next week will be easier on the ears. 

Giants fans are also now ready to turn on their team at a moment's notice.  For a visiting team, hearing the home team being booed is just as big a motivator as having your own fans cheer.