O-line concerns alleviated...

Dopey

8 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

CBS did not give good coverage on the play but I think the Feliciano false start was on Morse.  It looked like Josh wanted the ball and the rest of the offense was ready to go but Morse forgot the snap count.   The penalty on Philips was not covered well either but he was likely tripped or pushed into a stumbling, low hit.  

CBS coverage sucked yesterday.   So many plays with little or no replay.

I would still love to see what Feliciano did to be considered "taunting".

They showed Mosley taunting Josh on the same play but neglected to show the ACTUAL penalty play...

ETA:  As to the OL, there was a good, funny clip of Dawkins talking about trains starting slow and mixing Mac n Cheese.

Cant find it now.

Edited by stosh64

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That was sexy.  Last year the line would've been blown up and Josh would have to turbo boost his super human athleticism to get the first.   Yesterday it was a lazy jog in the park for 10 yards.

So true. A lot of hay was made about how this line would "gel." Last year, that play would never have made it out of training camp.

They ran some really nice screens in preseason, also. I hope we get to see some of that vs. the Giants.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah it was the false start I was thinking of. Thanks eball. So two false starts and an ineligible downfield in terms of penalties on the oline play (taunting comes under general discipline for me). Seems a step over last year.

Haha, yeah, "a step" -- that may be an understatement.  And against probably as stout a D line as they will face.  Really good first game for the revamped OL.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Ford and Spain had rough days and Morse fumbling the snap obviously wasn't good but it's clear we have a much better unit overall. I still think we need to move Ford inside and have Nsekhe start @ RT with Feliciano @ LG. Clearly the coaching staff thinks Ford is a long-term answer at tackle.