The Bills Won Because ...

Gugny

My 85 year old Mother changed her shirt to a new Bills shirt my sister gave her, half way through the game.  The shirt is now undefeated and the tags a e staying on for next week, since they were not removed for the win.

Oh, and for my part, I kept re-aligning my good luck Bills troll until I finally found a position that brought the right amount of luck.  (it turns out that next to me, facing the TV was the best combination.)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you know me I am not the optimistic Bills fan. I’ve been that way even through the Kelly years.

At half time yesterday my son, who’s in the army calls me up. I proceed to tell him that the Bills are going to come back and win the game. Naturally he laughed and said, “You Mr. negative think they are coming back to win?” I told him I had no rational reason other than they were playing better than the score indicated, and that we will eliminate the TOs.

I texted him after we kicked the field goal and said “The comeback has started. 17-16 will be the final score.”

He called me after the game was over really pumped, but still bewildered as to how I knew. He said I should have placed some money on the game. I told him it would have ruined the Juju and we would not have won.

Absolutely true story!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My oldest cat, Maceo, is the only one (of three cats) who doesn't go into hiding while I'm watching the Bills.

He napped upstairs for most of the game.  He came downstairs and hung out with me in the living room right around the time the Bills started to turn it around.

Maceo and my train whistle.  That's why we won.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

If you know me I am not the optimistic Bills fan. I’ve been that way even through the Kelly years.

At half time yesterday my son, who’s in the army calls me up. I proceed to tell him that the Bills are going to come back and win the game. Naturally he laughed and said, “You Mr. negative think they are coming back to win?” I told him I had no rational reason other than they were playing better than the score indicated, and that we will eliminate the TOs.

I texted him after we kicked the field goal and said “The comeback has started. 17-16 will be the final score.”

He called me after the game was over really pumped, but still bewildered as to how I knew. He said I should have placed some money on the game. I told him it would have ruined the Juju and we would not have won.

Absolutely true story!

Image result for WATERBOY VICKI GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Jets fans think they lost because their team collapsed.  Bills fans think it is because they forced a great comeback.  If the results had been reversed, so would the fans perspectives. 

In reality the entire game was dominated by bad  mistakes by both teams. Bills won the slop fest.  Much better than losing the slop fest.  But does not change the fact it was slop fest. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Its funny you bring this up because I started clapping after every play and we came back and won. I started doing it right after my game post of " I think we are still in this " and we came back and won. 

Sean McDermott approves of this strategy. 

Image result for CLAPPING MCDERMOTT GIF

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills won for the reason I thought they would win beforehand -- their defense.  Yes, Josh Allen and the offense made huge plays in the 4th quarter but all of that would have been rendered meaningless if not for the D continually shutting down the Jets.  The Bills' defense was the best overall unit on the field for both teams.

i don't know if this had anything to do with it, but might as well mention it. 

yesterday was my 7th wedding anniversary.  seven years ago, my wife and i spent our first married night in the hyatt in downtown rochester.  the next morning was sunday, and it was opening day in 2012.  the bills were playing the jets...in ny.  we were all decked out in our bills gear, had breakfast with family, and went home to watch the game.  the chan gailey led bills were destroyed that day.  it looked like they didn't even show up.  

to celebrate this year, we decided to stay at the same hotel, have a nice dinner and night away from the kids, and watch the game on sunday.   when we left the hotel sunday morning, we saw people in their bills gear and  excited.  even the staff was wearing bills jerseys.  had a conversation with a guy in the elevator about how excited we were, but i just didn't like the set up.  we were leaving the same hotel, 7 years later to play the jets in their stadium.  i mentioned this to my wife who doesn't really care, and her comment was, "it's the lucky number 7...they'll win this time".  sure enough.  

so maybe my wife made that happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't know if this had anything to do with it, but might as well mention it. 

yesterday was my 7th wedding anniversary.  seven years ago, my wife and i spent our first married night in the hyatt in downtown rochester.  the next morning was sunday, and it was opening day in 2012.  the bills were playing the jets...in ny.  we were all decked out in our bills gear, had breakfast with family, and went home to watch the game.  the chan gailey led bills were destroyed that day.  it looked like they didn't even show up.  

to celebrate this year, we decided to stay at the same hotel, have a nice dinner and night away from the kids, and watch the game on sunday.   when we left the hotel sunday morning, we saw people in their bills gear and  excited.  even the staff was wearing bills jerseys.  had a conversation with a guy in the elevator about how excited we were, but i just didn't like the set up.  we were leaving the same hotel, 7 years later to play the jets in their stadium.  i mentioned this to my wife who doesn't really care, and her comment was, "it's the lucky number 7...they'll win this time".  sure enough.  

so maybe my wife made that happen.

That's the best one so far, I find it funny that so many people think they have mental powers that can control the outcome of a football game, myself included.

• Like (+1) 1