The Bills Won Because ...

Gugny

When I got home and turned on the TV, it was late in the 3rd qrtr and the Bills were down 16-0.

From that point on the Bills scored 17 straight points and held the Jets to only a couple of first downs and probably less than 50 total yards.

If y'all want to start a GoFundSimon and start tossing some cheese my way, I can probably be convinced to make a better effort to watch more Bills football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Because I bet the jets! I’m a moosh. I will be betting the giants this week. Your welcome.

I know a chap who has done this with our soccer team every game this season. Has backed the opposition every game. We haven't lost yet. It works.

• Haha (+1) 1

I had my daughters hair tie in my hand as a prayer token on our final TD drive. 

I started cleaning up before that and found it on the ground. 

Btw, I was waiting for this thread.  It should be one of the ones created and pinned on game days

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

When I got home and turned on the TV, it was late in the 3rd qrtr and the Bills were down 16-0.

From that point on the Bills scored 17 straight points and held the Jets to only a couple of first downs and probably less than 50 total yards.

If y'all want to start a GoFundSimon and start tossing some cheese my way, I can probably be convinced to make a better effort to watch more Bills football.

Make a better effort to watch more Bills football or hand in your card.  Look at the sacrifice I'm making!  No beer!

Although I suppose I could send you the mozzerella cheese sticks I don't bake, is that what you're asking for?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I had my daughters hair tie in my hand as a prayer token on our final TD drive. 

I started cleaning up before that and found it on the ground. 

Btw, I was waiting for this thread.  It should be one of the ones created and pinned on game days

OK, man, I hope your daughter doesn't want it back.  She might lose it or have it torn off and then where would we be?

Just before the Bills last touchdown my neighbor asked if i could help his mother move patio furniture back in place as it was stacked for Dorian.  I started to say "could i at least watch the last 5...  and he looked at me with the blank stare" so i obliged.  He was injured in a car accident many years ago so the walk back to his house was painfully slow.

i texted my buddies, yes 1 is a HUGE Jets fan, and 1 is a HUGE fins fan (we're quite the group on Sunday) to tell them i was pulled away and the Jets fan kept sending texts with 'wow', 'wow' and 'wow'; i don't think he was doing it on purpose but it was as little description as possible, was driving me crazy.

The kicker?  my phone wasn't updating the Bills app so i couldn't see we won and his mother said "i hope we didn't pull you away from anything", to which i responded "not at all, i was just watching the game."

she says "what game?  the patriots don't play till 8pm tonight"

Edited by Say When...
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, man, I hope your daughter doesn't want it back.  She might lose it or have it torn off and then where would we be?

She’s 6 and it’s a mini rubberband.  I stupidly bought a bag of them and I find them everywhere now 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Make a better effort to watch more Bills football or hand in your card.  Look at the sacrifice I'm making!  No beer!

Although I suppose I could send you the mozzerella cheese sticks I don't bake, is that what you're asking for?

I've been having a difficult time trying to watch the NFL product the last couple seasons. Last year I was actually opting to spend a couple Sundays snowshoeing in conditions so bad that I wouldn't take the dog along, rather than sit through an NFL broadcast.

I'll try to do better this year, but no promises.

Can I still have the cheesesticks?

my older son watched the entire first half with me while the younger one napped.

I watched the 3rd quarter alone. 

My younger son watched most of the 4th quarter with me, right after waking up.

Guess who I’ll be watching the Giants game with ;);) 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I've been having a difficult time trying to watch the NFL product the last couple seasons. Last year I was actually opting to spend a couple Sundays snowshoeing in conditions so bad I wouldn't take the dog, rather than sit through and NFL broadcast.

I'll try to do better this year, but no promises.

Can I still have the cheesesticks?

No

I decided to go grab late lunch /early dinner at KFC. Listened to the radio as they scored their first td. Got home and ate while watching the rest of the game. 

Looks like KFC will be on the menu for Sundays now. 

I also wore a white bills shirt instead of my usual blue one. 

• Like (+1) 1