The Bills Won Because ...

Gugny

NON-FOOTBALL RELATED ANSWERS.

What did YOU do yesterday that helped the Bills win the game?

Late in the game, on Jets 3rd downs, every time I blew my train whistle, the Bills got the stop.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I didn't watch the game live. I worked on building a lower deck and greenhouse at my home while monitoring the score. Then I calmly watched the replay last night.

Along these lines, I remember watching the 75 Stanley Cup against the Flyers and the Sabres couldn't get anything past Bernie Parent. I stepped out of the livingroom and they scored. For the rest of the series, I listened to the TV while sitting in a chair in the hall outside the livingroom. It didn't work.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They won because my 6 year old grandson started quoting the announcers word for word in the 2nd half.  It culminated in him solemnly saying after we had stopped screaming and high fiving the Bills winning TD pass "did you know Papa that the Bills have scored 17 unanswered points".  His dad and I burst out laughing at that.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I put @Gugny on ignore as I usually do before games and remove him from it after game if we win otherwise I wait until after last game of weekend is played. He was on ignore a lot last year, too often, and hope for him on ignore less this year. It worked better previous year.

So @Gungy it is all about you.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I turned off my TV just before halftime and went out to do yard work.

A number of years ago the Bills were playing a playoff game, starting QB was out, they were losing badly at the half. Back up QB throws pick six to start second half. I started packing up my windsurfing equipment to literally go drown my sorrows. My wife continued to watch and called me back in the house. The rest is history.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

NON-FOOTBALL RELATED ANSWERS.

What did YOU do yesterday that helped the Bills win the game?

Late in the game, on Jets 3rd downs, every time I blew my train whistle, the Bills got the stop.

The poster in the game thread that identified it was his hoodie and took it off 

• Haha (+1) 1