Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m getting sick and tired of hearing Allen is inaccurate , even from a casual Giants fan , 

i don’t remember watching Allen standing in the pocket and missing throws, now there’s times that he needs to just throw the ball away , instead of trying to force a throw while he’s on the run his feet are not set and the ball being almost intercepted , 

I think Allen is actually pretty ACCURATE he just needs to make better DECISIONS , 

It feels like a overused narrative. He needs to get better but there is a reason why he is still here and we have got new receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I say the same thing.

Who gives a flying frack what Colin Coward says.

The next time I listen to that guy would be the first time I listen to that guy.

Man I would love to see Miami beat the patriots* 

And now that Darnold is out I want the Jets to beat the Browns 

anyone else want to see the Browns lose BADLY to the Jets ?

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

If that isn't hanging on every wall of every room, hallway, corridor, etc of One Bills Drive already, then it needs to be.

I mean I don't think it means much, but I'm happy to feed the "nobody outside of this building believes in us" driver.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If that isn't hanging on every wall of every room, hallway, corridor, etc of One Bills Drive already, then it needs to be.

I mean I don't think it means much, but I'm happy to feed the "nobody outside of this building believes in us" driver.

It will be on the "internal messaging" TV screens at OBD.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Wnybricky said:

It feels like a overused narrative. He needs to get better but there is a reason why he is still here and we have got new receivers. 

As has been pointed out many times the question with Allen was properly consistency more than accuracy. And decision making. He was always capable of making accurate major league throws. He just needed to get it down to where it was good enuf to fully sustain drives. In preseason and in last Sunday's game he gave strong evidence that he is getting there. Something that really stands out to me is the improvement in his short passing game, including to RBs. It was thought (hoped) that this was just a detail with his mechanics that could be coached out. Apparently this appears to have been the right assessment. Another question was his ability to apply the right amount of touch to those passes that require it, a typical issue for guys with huge arms. To Sweeney in preseason, to Beasley with the throw that bounced off his helmet, with the game winning back shoulder toss to Brown, which combined accuracy, touch and the ability to make a crucial post snap read of the coverage, he looks to be coming along very nicely. If he continues to refine his skills and execute in this way it won't be long before his progress starts to garner a lot of attention league wide. If he does it in a big media market on Sunday the football world at large will start quickly catching up with Bills fans who obviously have a more singular focus and have been eye-balling his every move from the get go.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s clear a lot of Giants fans seem to only know of Allen via media narrative.  aka “He’s inaccurate and runs a lot.”

If Allen can build off what we saw Week 1 (minus the turnovers), it seems we’ll see a lot of shocked faces in the stands. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I’m getting sick and tired of hearing Allen is inaccurate , even from a casual Giants fan , 

i don’t remember watching Allen standing in the pocket and missing throws, now there’s times that he needs to just throw the ball away , instead of trying to force a throw while he’s on the run his feet are not set and the ball being almost intercepted , 

I think Allen is actually pretty ACCURATE he just needs to make better DECISIONS , 

Wit u on this.

Allen had some for-real issues making short and intermediate throws last year.  He had them at the Combine, he had them at his Wyo pro day, he showed them in 2018 training camp, and he showed them in games.  He's worked very hard at them off season and judging by 2019 training camp and what we've seen so far, he's taken some strides.

He was slinging the freakin ball all over the place making those throws all game last Sunday.  Hapless to media and bloggers: Show that you actually watch games, give some credit.

Unless Allen regresses, you've got it: the question is not gonna be inaccuracy, the question is gonna be decisions.  And I firmly believe he will make some mistakes this year because that's what most young QB do.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

LOL. Yeah, cuz the Jets are the team who was gonna threaten the Pats* this year. What a dumbass.

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s clear a lot of Giants fans seem to only know of Allen via media narrative.  aka “He’s inaccurate and runs a lot.”

If Allen can build off what we saw Week 1 (minus the turnovers), it seems we’ll see a lot of shocked faces in the stands. 

Like I stated earlier in the thread. I am hoping that they start chanting for Daniel Jones during this game and we leave the Giants organization in disarray, just like we did with the Jets.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with this statement.  The Bills of 2017 and 2018 were ill-equipped offensively, and a game strategy of trying to stay close and win in the end made sense.  I don't think we've seen what sort of coach McD is when he has a balanced team with a legitimate passing attack.

Do you think it was "conservative" for McD to allow Daboll/Josh the latitude to call 17 straight passing plays to start last week's game?

What I hear from McD is that he is not afraid to continuously learn and adapt.  Just because his experience comes on the defensive side of the ball doesn't mean he is "conservative."  I think we'll see just what sort of a coach he is if the offense continues to improve.

Good points.

I'm just going by what I've seen on the field the last 2 years + 1 game.  

Maybe you're right, but I've learned that people don't change their stripes very often.   

As far as 17 passes, last year I saw him allow Derek Anderson run 4 double reverses in a row vs the Cheats**, so who knows?

We'll find out this year.  No excuses.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, eball said:

And I think my point is that we don't even know what color stripes McD has yet...

I think I have a pretty good idea what his stripes are after 2 years.

Again maybe you're right and he just needed that talented QB/roster to make his process work in a non conservative fashion.

But usually the best way to predict someone's future actions is to look at what they've done in the past.

I really don't care so long as we win.  That's all that matters.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think I have a pretty good idea what his stripes are after 2 years.

Again maybe you're right and he just needed that talented QB/roster to make his process work in a non conservative fashion.

But usually the best way to predict someone's future actions is to look at what they've done in the past.

I really don't care so long as we win.  That's all that matters.

It is his first HC job at any level.  Don't you expect people to learn and develop?  Is Bill Belichick the same coach he was after his first two seasons?  Were any of the great ones?

Anyway, I'm not really "arguing" with you but this is a point of frustration with me that people think they "know" who McD is at this point in his HC career.

• Like (+1) 1