Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

Isn't the key to this game (and most others) scoring points quickly enough on offense to alter the opposing offense's play-calling (as they fall behind)? Nudge the opponent to become more one-dimensional on their own...

I know last week played out opposite of this narrative, but let's face it: we won't get away with clusters-of-turnovers and first-half bagels in most games. Score early and often to neutralize the bootlegs and play-actions that WCOs (like Shurmur's) thrive on. The Giants looked good on offense early against the Cowboys, but that didn't last in part because the Cowboys put them in a hole early. Can't let them execute a balanced timing offense predicated on the threat of Barkley. Gotta cut their playbook in half.

• Like (+1) 1

Perfect opportunity for Josh and the offense to feast and turn some heads, but that very thought has me extremely skeptical for obvious reasons.  It's never easy, but really hoping Allen takes a leap tomorrow. Would also accept an Allen bunny hop and Singletary explosion. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Isn't the key to this game (and most others) scoring points quickly enough on offense to alter the opposing offense's play-calling (as they fall behind)? Nudge the opponent to become more one-dimensional on their own...

I know last week played out opposite of this narrative, but let's face it: we won't get away with clusters-of-turnovers and first-half bagels in most games. Score early and often to neutralize the bootlegs and play-actions that WCOs (like Shurmur's) thrive on. The Giants looked good on offense early against the Cowboys, but that didn't last in part because the Cowboys put them in a hole early. Can't let them execute a balanced timing offense predicated on the threat of Barkley. Gotta cut their playbook in half.

Mmmm bagels....

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I said they're due for a stinker. I'm a Bills fan that has seen this before.

How are we "due"? It's the 2nd game of the season.....is this also a trap game ....letdown..overlooking the Giants.....any more cliches I can come up with?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, nucci said:

How are we "due"? It's the 2nd game of the season.....is this also a trap game ....letdown..overlooking the Giants.....any more cliches I can come up with?

That’s what I thought.  How in the world can any team be “due” anything the second game into the season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Obviously Barkley is the key guy, but let's not underestimate the matchup between backup slot man Siran Neal and Evan Engram. It's going to be a major factor in the Giants 3rd down success rate.

Which is slightly terrifying. Do you not think they might bring Poyer up to cover him in some packages? 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Which is slightly terrifying. Do you not think they might bring Poyer up to cover him in some packages? 

I would guess that they'll mix it up quite a bit. They'll want to show that they aren't going to give him an easy matchup, but they'll also want to free up Poyer etc to blitz and roam by using Neal there.

My favorite approach to pass D today is to play big nickel, walk Poyer down into the box, and use him along with a  LB to double Saquon (can rotate between Milano and Edmunds to keep Eli guessing). Then I'm going to single up Engram with Hyde, and alternate my free LB between a short zone bracket on Engram and a blitz.

The nice part about the above is that it's easy to disguise, check into/out of, and mix with other schematic tweaks.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Everything is lining up for a huge win. Josh doesn’t turn the ball over tomorrow and Bills blow out the Giants. 

What bothers more then the turnovers is that we missed a lot of tackles ( on defense)  I think I counted like 5 on one play , I know Bell is a great player and if I’m not mistaken most of the miss tackles happened around the LOS 

I hope we can clean this up because it doesn’t get any easier today , 

GO BILLS!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, nucci said:

No, I want the Jets to lose

I don’t think that the Jets are a threat to us

( anymore) as far as making the playoffs/wildcard , Cleveland on the other hand , 

I know it’s still early for that , but I heard sooooo much about the Browns this offseason  how great Baker is and now they’ve got OBJ and blah , blah , blah , I just want to see what happens in that locker room if they lose to the jets and are 0-2 !!!! 

Gooo Bills !!!!!

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just feel Barkley will be too much for the Bills. I see a high scoring game, like 31-28. I think the Bills lose a close as the Giants will play loose.

Josh Allen throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs but the D let's us down.

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My fear is that the Giants love to dump it to Barkley. The Bills defense wants you to dump it off. I just think Barkley is going to have 100 yards receiving this game. 

This is my hope. 

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills hardly ever put up a good defense and offense game. It always seems to be one or the other, mostly defense. The defense is do for a stinker and the offense is due for a big game.

This seems like a very painful pastime...

Sucks.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I would guess that they'll mix it up quite a bit. They'll want to show that they aren't going to give him an easy matchup, but they'll also want to free up Poyer etc to blitz and roam by using Neal there.

My favorite approach to pass D today is to play big nickel, walk Poyer down into the box, and use him along with a  LB to double Saquon (can rotate between Milano and Edmunds to keep Eli guessing). Then I'm going to single up Engram with Hyde, and alternate my free LB between a short zone bracket on Engram and a blitz.

The nice part about the above is that it's easy to disguise, check into/out of, and mix with other schematic tweaks.

Yea I might be inclined to go the other way around with my safeties but broadly I think that is the right sort of gameplan. Having two safeties who can communicate and switch up like our two can is a real difference maker in McDermott's defense. 

This just seems a little weird that I’m not worried about our offense, actually I’m pretty confident that Allen will have a good game &  will put some points on the board ,

I’m more worried about the defense stopping Barkley , 

its hard for me to remember the last time I was so confident in our offense!!!  

Goo Bills baby !!!

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Obviously Barkley is the key guy, but let's not underestimate the matchup between backup slot man Siran Neal and Evan Engram. It's going to be a major factor in the Giants 3rd down success rate.

I think they will have Poyer shadow him on 3rd downs.