Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think I have a pretty good idea what his stripes are after 2 years.

Again maybe you're right and he just needed that talented QB/roster to make his process work in a non conservative fashion.

But usually the best way to predict someone's future actions is to look at what they've done in the past.

I really don't care so long as we win.  That's all that matters.

so what is your point exactly? you don't believe in McD? maybe I'm reading you wrong?

so who's the next bills HC on your radar? since you don't really believe in McD.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

It is his first HC job at any level.  Don't you expect people to learn and develop?  Is Bill Belichick the same coach he was after his first two seasons?  Were any of the great ones?

Anyway, I'm not really "arguing" with you but this is a point of frustration with me that people think they "know" who McD is at this point in his HC career.

OK, you don't know, but I suspect I do.

We're 34 games in.

We'll see.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so what is your point exactly? you don't believe in McD? maybe I'm reading you wrong?

so who's the next bills HC on your radar? since you don't really believe in McD.

Please tell me where I said I didn't like him.  I do.  My point is he is (or has primarily been for 34 games) a conservative coach.  Nothing wrong with that as long as you win.

I believe in Coach McDermott's ability to build a team and motivate his players.  He has been able to coach us to wins that past Buffalo teams have figured out how to lose, like Sunday and the snow game for example.

But I don't expect him to become some super aggressive coach.   Just don't see it.  But time will tell.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Please tell me where I said I didn't like him.  I do.  My point is he is (or has primarily been for 34 games) a conservative coach.  Nothing wrong with that as long as you win.

I believe in Coach McDermott's ability to build a team and motivate his players.  He has been able to coach us to wins that past Buffalo teams have figured out how to lose, like Sunday and the snow game for example.

But I don't expect him to become some super aggressive coach.   Just don't see it.  But time will tell.

exactly, time will tell.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think I have a pretty good idea what his stripes are after 2 years.

Again maybe you're right and he just needed that talented QB/roster to make his process work in a non conservative fashion.

But usually the best way to predict someone's future actions is to look at what they've done in the past.

I really don't care so long as we win.  That's all that matters.

If the Pats took in that philosophy, they wouldn't have hired Belicheck in the first place.  There's others out there too...

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/9/13/20863175/giants-bills-perspectives-pat-shurmur-josh-allen-bulletin-board-material?utm_campaign=bigblueview&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

" Apparently the “chance to be a starter” line is what stood out the most among what was otherwise a heaping pile of praise Shurmur offered Allen. "

So this is what passes for a "heaping pile of praise" these days?  Shurmer: "I can comment on what we thought of him. We thought he was a big, strong thrower. A guy that had a chance to be a starter in the NFL, and he has been for them. I think he’s made steady improvements. He’s a very strong-armed guy. He’s helped them win some big games already. Just like any young player, you see where he’ll make mistakes and then correct them. "

Now as a player evaluation of a young QB, it's measured, and it's not unreasonable for Allen.  But a "heaping pile of praise" for a modern NFL QB, it is not. No way, no how, and in no form.

7 hours ago, eball said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with this statement.  The Bills of 2017 and 2018 were ill-equipped offensively, and a game strategy of trying to stay close and win in the end made sense.  I don't think we've seen what sort of coach McD is when he has a balanced team with a legitimate passing attack.

Do you think it was "conservative" for McD to allow Daboll/Josh the latitude to call 17 straight passing plays to start last week's game?

What I hear from McD is that he is not afraid to continuously learn and adapt.  Just because his experience comes on the defensive side of the ball doesn't mean he is "conservative."  I think we'll see just what sort of a coach he is if the offense continues to improve.

There was a good article about this on WGR

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/mcdermott-didnt-blink

Yet, in their Week 1 victory on the road, Daboll had Josh Allen drop back to throw on the first 17-plays to open the game. Yeah, 17-straight plays to open the game – that’s a real thing, people.

If you’re a Twitter guy or gal during Bills games, you were likely amongst the crowd yelling at your television and anger-tweeting about why the Bills weren’t running the football. Me? I was loving every single second of it, because it’s not like the Bills were scoring points, in fact, they were turning the ball over at an unsustainable rate. Yet, they remained aggressive in their play calling.

Most coaches – in fact (definitely) Sean McDermott - will see those struggles and turnovers and immediately encourage his offensive coordinator run the football. You just can’t let your young quarterback flounder in a close game, right?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/9/13/20863175/giants-bills-perspectives-pat-shurmur-josh-allen-bulletin-board-material?utm_campaign=bigblueview&utm_content=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

" Apparently the “chance to be a starter” line is what stood out the most among what was otherwise a heaping pile of praise Shurmur offered Allen. "

So this is what passes for a "heaping pile of praise" these days?  Shurmer: "I can comment on what we thought of him. We thought he was a big, strong thrower. A guy that had a chance to be a starter in the NFL, and he has been for them. I think he’s made steady improvements. He’s a very strong-armed guy. He’s helped them win some big games already. Just like any young player, you see where he’ll make mistakes and then correct them. "

Now as a player evaluation, it's measured, and it's not unreasonable.  But a "heaping pile of praise", it is not. 

Definitely not a "heaping pile of praise."  Also definitely FAR from bulletin board material.  I have no idea what people (some Bills fans) are up in arms about.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

My favorite line from that Giants writeup is the last one:

'...but hey, if that’s what the Bills need to get themselves hyped up for a game as opposed to going 2-0 for the first time since the 2014 season, then good luck with that...'

as if a team that just got absolutely barnstormed in a divisional game last week should be offering advice on how to get 'hyped up' for a game lololol

Newsflash Giants: your team isn't very good. You have a generational RB and literally nothing else to be proud of. The Bills are better and deeper than every other position top to bottom on the roster except maybe Remmers at RT and tight end. You're going to be getting points pretty much every game of the season except home against the Redskins, just stfu and accept it

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

I say the same thing.

Who gives a flying frack what Colin Coward says.

The next time I listen to that guy would be the first time I listen to that guy.

I am 70 years old. My bar fighting days were over years ago, so why do I want to kick Colin's a$$?