Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

Saquon Barkley vs. Bills run ‘D’

Buffalo’s run defense fared well against the Jets’ Le’Veon Bell in Week 1, holding him to a 3.5 yards per carry average and just 60 yards on the ground. The task might be more challenging this week with Barkley, who had 120 yards on just 11 carries against one of the better front sevens in the league last week at Dallas. The Giants average almost nine yards per carry last week against the Cowboys.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Don't know if it's too early to regard this a 'trap game', but I hope the D-line plays with the same intensity; without pressure on Manning I feel like this could end up being one of those games everyone thought we had in the bag. If the defense doesn't hold up, I'm hoping Allen, Singletary, and the rest of the offense can hold it down for the defense, like the defense did for offense, until it can regroup.

Hope the effects Levi Wallace's current injury isn't lingering leading up to Sunday; I think he may be needed for this game more than many may feel at the moment.

Let's bring it!

...not sure I could ever see "trap game" in McDermott's "players glossary"......way too early and hope we never see it or that attitude....still worry about the Barkley factor with their receiving corp dinged, especially when we surrendered three individual 200 yard rushing stints last year....was that actually a question of D line intensity or getting gashed?.

https://theathletic.com/1205457/2019/09/12/were-about-the-same-thing-dave-gettleman-and-brandon-beane-on-their-friendship-forged-in-carolina/ (sub required)

good interview with Dave Gettleman on his time with Beane in Carolina, for those with an athletic subscription. 

What about your first introduction to Brandon Beane? It was a bit of a unique situation.

My first introduction was that Brandon had been the interim general manager when I interviewed for the job. My first meeting with him he said, “Obviously you know I wanted this job, as well, but I’m here to do whatever I can to help us win.” That meant a lot. He certainly made me comfortable right away. Frankly, I only knew a couple of people in the building. I certainly had never met Brandon before. He’s a special guy. He really is. He’s very bright, he’s tough and he’s not afraid. That’s very important in this business. I really believe that he’s going to be there a long time.

How did that relationship evolve? Some people might think it would be tough for him to swallow his pride, but you two seem to be close even today.

We hit it off right away. We just rolled up our sleeves and went to work to get Carolina back and make it right. His help was invaluable to me. He really gave me what I call institutional knowledge, which I think is critical for any incoming GM, president, CEO or whatever, to have people who know where the bodies are buried so to speak. He can always give you the biggest answer to the “why” questions. Why is this like this? Why is this like that? Those are things you’re constantly asking. If you can get to the bottom of the “why,” then you can fix it. If you don’t really understand the “why,” it makes it tougher to fix and more of a challenge. He did that for me. We just realized very quickly that we’re about the same thing and that’s winning.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1