Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

OK. I didn't see it was Ieatcrayonz who started this.  I wasn't about to read 10 pages.  Sorry I didn't get the joke.  

I suspect 4merper4mer is a former performer that used to eat crayons...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

GettyImages-1166767070.jpg?9zrU5nFWc_1OF

Morse: There's still 'a lot to improve on' after Week 1 win over Jets

Morse on the offense's Week 1 performance against the Jets:

"I think there's a lot to improve on, but I think every team is saying that after Week 1. It's exciting with the opportunity we have and the potential we have, but there's the few too many mistakes that put us in a rut early on. I feel like you can't be complacent with where we are, but we really love the group of guys we have, and we're proud to play with each other. That's an exciting thing to do.

"In the first game of the season, defenses are throwing stuff at you that you haven't seen before. You're so amped up to play the game that by the second half, you kind of already hit a groove. That was hugely important, and I'd say that our performance in the second half was much better than in the first."

Morse on Allen's performance in the win over the Jets:

"The biggest thing was just his poise; the way he carried himself. The highs weren't too high and the lows weren't too low for Josh. When you come into the huddle and there's some parts of the game where stuff is not going well and momentum is not going your way, it's how you compose yourself.

The way that Josh composed himself in the huddle was infectious. All great quarterbacks can do that. They come in the huddle and no matter what happens, they find a way. Even by them just relaying the player information, the way they do it, they way they handle themselves in there, it's infectious. I was extremely impressed with how he handled that, and he really did bring us along on that calm and collected second half."

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 2

PFT: Florio & Smith pick Bills...........

Bills at Giants

MDS’s take: Everyone is talking about Eli Manning and Daniel Jones, but the Giants’ defense is the reason they’re going to have an ugly season. The Bills should be able to move the ball effectively against them.

MDS’s pick: Bills 30, Giants 17.

Florio’s take: The Bills can start the season with a MetLife Stadium sweep. It helps that both teams who play there currently aren’t very good.

Florio’s pick: Bills 20, Giants 17.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A 50-point win gets you one W, the same as a 1-point win.

It does.

But as Bills fans, how comfortable are we at the start of the 4th quarter with... say... a 21 point lead?

I've seen this team fall apart too much.

It's a mistake when teams change their gameplans when they're ahead.

Just ask the Falcons.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It does.

But as Bills fans, how comfortable are we at the start of the 4th quarter with... say... a 21 point lead?

I've seen this team fall apart too much.

The biggest mistake teams make is when they change their gameplans when they're ahead.

Just ask the Falcons.

I tend to agree, but McDermott has gone into a shell pretty much every time the Bills have had a second half lead and I don't believe they've blown one yet, although there have been some close calls.  With some teams, it seems to work...  

Just now, mannc said:

I tend to agree, but McDermott has gone into a shell pretty much every time the Bills have had a second half lead and I don't believe they've blown one yet, although there have been some close calls.  With some teams, it seems to work...  

One thing that I'll way about McDermott is that I don't believe he's at all married to one approach.

My feeling on going into a shell is that he does it when he believes that it's the best (or, in the case of the 2017 team, only) way to win a game. If he believes that the team needs to keep scoring or moving the ball, he'll do that too.