Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m never confident about any Bills game :lol: I’m not quite as stressed as I was last week though because a road game vs an nfc team is one of the least “critical” games of the year when it comes to playoff implications. 

This is great point Yolo ?

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m sure the G-men will take 300 yards passing from him every game. He’s still lethal. Reports of his demise are exaggerated.

I dont know if you watched the game, I did. There was maybe 1 "downfield pass", I truly didnt think he had the ability to push the ball downfield last year even. As far as 300 yards passing, lol, its def. easier to throw against a prevent defense when the game is over. Eli Manning does not scare me Sunday. 

On the final drive,  Josh Allen takes the snap cleanly. 

Zay Jones heads for the corner of the end zone then cuts back abruptly toward the goal post, one handed catch,

BILLS WIN- 27-24

Image result for waynes world gif

Edited by HOUSE

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Only if you have a conservative Head Coach.

Patriots don't ever take their foot off the throats of their opponents.

The Ravens didn't to Miami last week.

I think the Chiefs and Rams are teams that wouldn't, either.

Hope we don't when we get big leads against any team, whether it's this weekendor another weekend.

A 50-point win gets you one W, the same as a 1-point win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Still not ready to make a call on this one. The Giants may be limited in star talent, but Eli can still have his days, and Barkley is sensational.

They also have a big, tough, talented front 4.

This will be a challenge for Buffalo.

I think it's an amazingly similar matchup to last week.

Just now, SWATeam said:

I think it's an amazingly similar matchup to last week.

In some ways, yes.

I don't know that the Giants have the same pass-catching talent as the Jets, and Eli is a statue in comparison to Darnold.

But the Giants have a better RB, TE, and OL, so there are some mitigating factors.

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Key is going to be not allowing Saquon to have those 50-yard runs. His big games are the ones where he rips off those home runs. 

Yes that’s what scares me a little about this game , the Giants will try to spread the field with 3 and 4 WR sets , and will use ALOT of play action,  We can NOT miss tackles like we did with Bell ( and that’s what scares me )

13 hours ago, Big C said:

Did you guys see that graphic showing the Cowboys were bottom 5 in QB pressure week 1? We are going to light Eli up.

I hope so. I also think that most of the Giants passes were quick-hitters, which may account for the stats showing minimal pressure from the Cowboys.  Given the Giants lack of wide receivers and the strength of our D, I expect we will see more of the same on Sunday. 

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Still not ready to make a call on this one. The Giants may be limited in star talent, but Eli can still have his days, and Barkley is sensational.

They also have a big, tough, talented front 4.

This will be a challenge for Buffalo.

I am really curious to see how good their Defense really is.  Two QB's who had really big days last week, Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson, seemed to be boosted by playing against relatively bad Defenses in week 1. I don't think either are quite as good as they looked in their first games.  I am guessing this will show itself to be true over the next few weeks, when they regress and other QB's have big days against those Defenses. Not saying they are bad, just not quite as good as their opponents made them look.

Now entering year three as a tandem in the Bills defensive backfield, Hyde and Poyer don’t feel like they need to expand or diversify a lot of what they do. Though they have added other members of the back seven on defense to vary the looks pre-snap.

“The personnel tendencies that the other team runs, we have certain calls to go against them,” said Hyde. “We know what they like to do and we have calls to try to beat those plays. Now for us, as we run those plays, do we set it up where we just run it? Or do we mess the quarterback up, or do we just disguise? Sometimes we’re just freelancing. So you never really know what we’re doing because now we’ve incorporated the corners and linebackers and it’s getting pretty dangerous for the opposing quarterbacks.”

Their rate of success and deep knowledge of the system has given them even more freedom to take risk and adjust on the fly if there’s something they believe will put them in an advantageous situation to make a play.

“Our trust is implicit at this point,” said Frazier. “They know the scheme as well as we do as coaches in some areas. When they see things, for example, they’ll come to me and say, ‘Hey coach, can we maybe take a look at this or take a look at that,’ I’m listening. Probably eight out of 10 times, I’m going to say yes, go ahead and do it. They’ve earned that trust because of some of the things they’ve done for our defense.”

Continuity can be a hell of an advantage if you have the right coach, and I think we do. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m never confident about any Bills game :lol: I’m not quite as stressed as I was last week though because a road game vs an nfc team is one of the least “critical” games of the year when it comes to playoff implications. 

In fact, studies have shown that LOSING out of conference games can actually HELP our playoff odds if/when it comes down to tie breakers.  

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Only if you have a conservative Head Coach.

Patriots don't ever take their foot off the throats of their opponents.

The Ravens didn't to Miami last week.

I think the Chiefs and Rams are teams that wouldn't, either.

Hope we don't when we get big leads against any team, whether it's this weekendor another weekend.

Just because we stop passing doesn’t mean our foot is off the gas. If you get out to an early lead and can run it down their throats, literally everyone would do that. It’s the best way to put games away. 

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

On the final drive,  Josh Allen takes the snap cleanly. 

Zay Jones heads for the corner of the end zone then cuts back abruptly toward the goal post, one handed catch,

BILLS WIN- 27-24

Image result for waynes world gif

Alphadawg drops dead. 

Edited by whatdrought

It's Thursday, and that uneasy feeling I had about this game earlier in the week is lessening by the hour.  I'm thinking that the Bills will experience a large carryover effect from their rousing 4th quarter comeback and hit the Giants between the eyes early and often.  This is not a prediction so much as a "gut feeling" but on Sunday we may witness the final start for Eli in a Giants uniform.

• Like (+1) 2