Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm surprised by the confidence I'm seeing from #BillsMafia on TBD and twitter.  We have lost to some miserable Giants teams over the past 5 years which is enough to temper my expectations.  I did not see enough out of our offense last week to think we are going to blow their suspect defense out of the building and you cannot count on your defense to hold teams to one score every week.  This is a game we SHOULD win but Bills fans know how that goes.

You are absolutely correct, unfortunately...also, it is the Giants home opener- should add a little extra juice...not saying the Bills can’t win but I, too, am very cautious about this one- not overly confident- especially with Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You are absolutely correct, unfortunately...also, it is the Giants home opener- should add a little extra juice...not saying the Bills can’t win but I, too, am very cautious about this one- not overly confident- especially with Barkley.

I’m never confident about any Bills game :lol: I’m not quite as stressed as I was last week though because a road game vs an nfc team is one of the least “critical” games of the year when it comes to playoff implications. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Giants defense sucks  The Jets at least are stout up front. Dak was throwing to guys that were "college" open.  On the flipside Dallas gave Eli a clean pocket for the majority of the snaps.  Saquon is a monster but Shurmur will get cute with the playcalling.  Bills offense was moving up and down the field.  They clean up the miscues and we should win handily

On 9/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Another game in which Allen should have nearly 40 attempts.

It wouldn't shock me if Daboll took a page from the 1990 SB game, where the Evil One persuaded his team that Thurman Thomas could have >100 yds rushing and they could still win.  Clock control, ball control, etc.

Other things being equal, I think right now, one of Daboll's goals is to put it on film that you can't predict us from week to week

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

When they talked about Shurmur's comments on NFLN, they definitely made it sound like Shurmur was dissing Allen.  Hopefully added motivation for Allen to make him eat his words.

I have a different take on it.  I think, "head games": trying to needle Allen, get under his skin, maybe provoke him to take chances he shouldn't trying to prove Shurmur wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

That spoke more imo to the Giants offensive line (greatly improved over last year) than the Cowboys pass rush (not terrible).

That's fair. However, I do feel that our front four (and rotational DL) are better. We'll see how it plays out. Didn't really catch much about how the Boys were scheming after they pulled ahead.

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It wouldn't shock me if Daboll took a page from the 1990 SB game, where the Evil One persuaded his team that Thurman Thomas could have >100 yds rushing and they could still win.  Clock control, ball control, etc.

Other things being equal, I think right now, one of Daboll's goals is to put it on film that you can't predict us from week to week

Cowboys are a run first offense and Dak was throwing into huge passing windows  Giants looked lost on the back end Allen should have a lot of success through the air

10 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Eli isn't even pushing the ball down the field to Engram, almost all of his passes were within a couple yards of the LOS. It's actually kind of embarrassing for Eli. 

I’m sure the G-men will take 300 yards passing from him every game. He’s still lethal. Reports of his demise are exaggerated.

23 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Key is going to be not allowing Saquon to have those 50-yard runs. His big games are the ones where he rips off those home runs. 

I bet we will see a lot of what looks like hardcore pressure upfront to scare the giants into passing, and then the patented drop back/sneaky coverage after the snap that will take advantage of eli, should be a fun watch

8 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

Honestly, I'm hoping for a 200 yard game because we got an early lead and we ran the ball so well.  Big passing stats are fun and it would nice to quiet the  "Allen can't throw a football" crowd, but the biggest passing games happen when we are playing from behind.

Only if you have a conservative Head Coach.

Patriots don't ever take their foot off the throats of their opponents.

The Ravens didn't to Miami last week.

I think the Chiefs and Rams are teams that wouldn't, either.

Hope we don't when we get big leads against any team, whether it's this weekendor another weekend.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Only if you have a conservative Head Coach.

Patriots don't ever take their foot off the throats of their opponents.

The Ravens didn't to Miami last week.

I think the Chiefs and Rams are teams that wouldn't, either.

Hope we don't when we get big leads against any team, whether it's this weekendor another weekend.

I still want our team to move the ball on offence and not give the ball back to our opponent.  We’ve had a long history of run-run-run-punt playcalling with 4th quarter leads. 

The dream scenario for me is where your opponent knows that we will run the ball, we run the ball and get first downs anyway. 

I’m not convinced that we have a run game that can impose its will against a stacked box, so a balanced offence still makes the sense for our team playing with lead. 

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Key is going to be not allowing Saquon to have those 50-yard runs. His big games are the ones where he rips off those home runs. 

This, contain Barkley, you win. As a Penn State fan, I saw plenty of games where teams slowed him down, he is not unstoppable.