Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

Just watched Cowboys Giants game from week 1.  Cowboys predominately ran 3 WR sets and the Giants really struggled in coverage.  Several big time plays in the passing game for Cowboys.  Giants D looked pretty bad.  Not much of a pass rush against Prescott.  

Giants offensive line protected Manning fairly well.  Barkley had a 59 yard run early on but was fairly quiet afterwards.  WR Engram looks like a favorite target for Manning.

Curious to see what Bills use personnel wise against Giants D.  Do they copy Cowboys game plan?  Giants could not stop them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Just watched Cowboys Giants game from week 1.  Cowboys predominately ran 3 WR sets and the Giants really struggled in coverage.  Several big time plays in the passing game for Cowboys.  Giants D looked pretty bad.  Not much of a pass rush against Prescott.  

Giants offensive line protected Manning fairly well.  Barkley had a 59 yard run early on but was fairly quiet afterwards.  WR Engram looks like a favorite target for Manning.

Curious to see what Bills use personnel wise against Giants D.  Do they copy Cowboys game plan?  Giants could not stop them.

If the O-line protects well, might be a good time to go with Brown and Foster wide, combined with with Beasley and Knox at TE?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I am excited to hear they don’t have a pass rush, I worry that the small sample size that is only against the Dallas OL -  considered one of the best in the league - doesn’t mean as much :(

No, the Giants' lack of pass rush was a known issue that they haven't addressed.  They really don't have anybody to fear.  I hope they start bringing extra guys because I think Josh has matured enough now to make them pay.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:30 AM, Rc2catch said:

I hope Milano and edmunds eat their wheaties cause Barkley and engram are about as tough a matchup as they’ll get this season. 

For sure, but I bet they get plenty of safety help for Engram and to help control Barkley on those swing passes and screens. The good news is, if they can contain those two (not erase, no defense is going to take Barkley out of a game), there isn't much to worry about. Eli doesn't seem to be able to push the ball down field to anyone not named Engram, and the defense looked rough against those intermediate/deep passes over the middle. Let's hope Josh studies what Dak did to them in week 1 and looks for those same kinds of opportunities. 

13 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

For sure, but I bet they get plenty of safety help for Engram and to help control Barkley on those swing passes and screens. The good news is, if they can contain those two (not erase, no defense is going to take Barkley out of a game), there isn't much to worry about. Eli doesn't seem to be able to push the ball down field to anyone not named Engram, and the defense looked rough against those intermediate/deep passes over the middle. Let's hope Josh studies what Dak did to them in week 1 and looks for those same kinds of opportunities. 

Eli isn't even pushing the ball down the field to Engram, almost all of his passes were within a couple yards of the LOS. It's actually kind of embarrassing for Eli. 

I'm surprised by the confidence I'm seeing from #BillsMafia on TBD and twitter.  We have lost to some miserable Giants teams over the past 5 years which is enough to temper my expectations.  I did not see enough out of our offense last week to think we are going to blow their suspect defense out of the building and you cannot count on your defense to hold teams to one score every week.  This is a game we SHOULD win but Bills fans know how that goes.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm surprised by the confidence I'm seeing from #BillsMafia on TBD and twitter.  We have lost to some miserable Giants teams over the past 5 years which is enough to temper my expectations.  I did not see enough out of our offense last week to think we are going to blow their suspect defense out of the building and you cannot count on your defense to hold teams to one score every week.  This is a game we SHOULD win but Bills fans know how that goes.

Yep, it's not wise to suddenly feel as though the Bills are world beaters but the Giants -- outside of Barkley and Engram -- aren't really very scary.  There's a reason why the Bills are a surprising 2.5 point favorite on the road, because we already know that most observers outside of WNY still think Josh Allen stinks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yeh 100% I don't think this is going to be any kind of a gimme...imo Giants can hurt the Bills offensively with Barkley and Manning and we don't have the kind of offensive production yet to think we can outscore other teams. Defense can't play completely lights out every game.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yep, it's not wise to suddenly feel as though the Bills are world beaters but the Giants -- outside of Barkley and Engram -- aren't really very scary.  There's a reason why the Bills are a surprising 2.5 point favorite on the road, because we already know that most observers outside of WNY still think Josh Allen stinks.

Agree, top to bottom we have a superior roster outside Barkley but offensive line is still coming together and defense isn't going to pitch a shutout all season

I'm not taking Bills +2.5 here

40 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Eli isn't even pushing the ball down the field to Engram, almost all of his passes were within a couple yards of the LOS. It's actually kind of embarrassing for Eli. 

I noticed that too, it wasn't even really a quick pass game as much as it was just swings and screens with some checkdowns. It's going to come down to technique, get bodies to the football and make clean tackles. If we can get them behind early that should prevent them from handing it off to Barkley all game. First quarter points will be a huge priority. Put the game in Eli's hands.