Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

This is a winnable game and the Bills should concentrate, work hard and take care of that win.   Focus, eliminate turnovers and get the job done.  

I think it will take 27 offensive pints for the Bills to overcome.

Friggen lightweights 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If I’m the Bills I go for the jugular early and pass again. Get up on them 10-14 points and make them pass. Their defense was porous against Dallas, so let’s start from in front and then pound the rock after. Let’s be aggressive and by all means start with Singletary catching some passes and getting some draws.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

This is a winnable game and the Bills should concentrate, work hard and take care of that win.   Focus, eliminate turnovers and get the job done.  

Sorry, you think after giving up 8 points to the Jets we are going to give up to 26 points to the Giants? I mean sure we can toss another pick 6 but I just don't see it. 

Edited by Big C

8 hours ago, CNYfan said:

don't you think they concentrate and focus.....how about control the line of scrimmage....pressure Manning...win the turnover battle.....stop the run...force Giants in to 3rd and long.....

8 hours ago, Locomark said:

If I’m the Bills I go for the jugular early and pass again. Get up on them 10-14 points and make them pass. Their defense was porous against Dallas, so let’s start from in front and then pound the rock after. Let’s be aggressive and by all means start with Singletary catching some passes and getting some draws.

Agree. Best way to take Barkley out of the game is to score early, build a lead, and force the GIants to play catch up by throwing the ball. That said, I fully expect Daboll to disagree and establish a ball control offense to keep Barkley off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Agree. Best way to take Barkley out of the game is to score early, build a lead, and force the GIants to play catch up by throwing the ball. That said, I fully expect Daboll to disagree and establish a ball control offense to keep Barkley off the field. 

I expect them to use saquon in the passing game too, he’s very effective that way and they are thin at WR

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect them to use saquon in the passing game too, he’s very effective that way and they are thin at WR

No doubt. Running or receiving, Barkley is gonna get his. But I’d rather have him best us catching passes from Eli than getting handoffs as a lot more can go wrong. Barkley is a transcendent talent, regardless. 

37 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Any summary for those who can't listen at work?

Decent interview with Patricia Traina.  Most of the podcast centered on her take on the Giants (which I thought was better and deeper than Marino's analysis of Bills):

Front Office moves - are they backfiring after the Cowboys debacle? 

Eli vs Jones and how offensive philosophy meshes with each QB - seems to be built more for Jones, but no rush to get him in

OL rebuild and better QB protection.  Can they hold up vs Bills DL?

Real weakness in secondary.  Young and injured.  Cowboys really exploited the weaknesses (Hint, hint: Daboll)

Pass rush didn't come through to help DBs

Chance to win only if Shurmur utilizes Saquon & Engram more.  Didn't utilize Engram's unique talents all over the field

On the Bills side, Marino:

Can Bills build off big comeback? - Will depend on team's buy in of McD's and Allen's leadership

Strength of Bills O? - Depends on Daboll's formations & groupings.  Allen's improvement as QB.

Offensive drive consistency? - TOs were huge part of perceived offensive futility.  Is a concern and hopefully something they address in practice

Should Giants play Jones? - Expect lumps for rookie and let them develop.  Preaches patience with QB

Giants' biggest challenge for Bills? - Barkley (Duh)

Bills' biggest challenge for Giants? - Edmunds to try neutralizing Barkley.  Bills' safeties will be key in setting the field.  John Brown not to be overlooked.

FWIW, I find Marino a bit more homerist than some of the other podcasts who appear to be more objective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No doubt. Running or receiving, Barkley is gonna get his. But I’d rather have him best us catching passes from Eli than getting handoffs as a lot more can go wrong. Barkley is a transcendent talent, regardless. 

When he was in college, it seemed he was untouchable in space but he didn’t have great vision at the LOS with hitting the hole on pure rushing plays. Thought he hesitated too much. Don’t know if that has changed. 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, longtimebillsfan said:

They will not shut down Barkley

Why can’t they? Looking at the game logs Barkley had these rushing totals last year: 28, 82, 44, 48, 43, 38, 67, 31, 43.

Sure, he had 100+ in 7 games but in over half his games he failed to reach the century mark.

Just because a guy is a top notch player doesn’t mean he explodes every game. The key is to build a lead so they have to move away from him in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 3