Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

I would like to know if a team has ever played two straight road games in the same stadium ever. The Bills have played 2X at the meadowlands in a season before but never had a schedule of two straight weeks in a row there. Just a bizarre schedule!

They will be the first team to get two wins before either of the home teams do.?

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I hope Milano and edmunds eat their wheaties cause Barkley and engram are about as tough a matchup as they’ll get this season. 

This is going to be a good test for our defense.  I am optimistic that they will do well.  They will not shut down Barkley, but they will keep him from a big day....I hope.

This is a game that I absolutely think that the Bills should win. 

That's the thing though: in years past, this is the kind of game that they lose. 

If I had to pick a plan right now...sadly, it sounds exactly like what has been used against us recently: go single coverage on WRs, load the box and force Eli to hit on tight throws.

If I am the Giants, I am going 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB and 4 WR 1 RB as much as possible to spread the Bills defense and try to open up more roles for Barkley. He is a legitimate generational talent, so containing him is the top priority,

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rico said:

Once upon a time I talked a lot of smack before a Bills-Giants game and was in for a very rude awakening. I take absolutely nothing for granted against that team.

I know you're probably talking about XXV but I'm remembering the last time the Giants visited OP...I was so convinced the Bills would whoop 'em and then we came out completely flat.  Shut down OBJ but did not much else right.  Tyrod the Terrible showed up to play.

What comforts me this week is that the coach "preparing" the Bills for that prior contest was Wrecks Ryan himself.  McD & Co. won't make the same mistakes, I hope.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I think that the Giants are a much better Offense than the Jets and the Bills will have to not turn the ball over to the G-Men and score proficiently to pull out this Road Victory.

The Giants O-Line is improved and I think they will score without the assistance of our giving them the ball haphazardly.    Our Offense seems to be designed around sustained drives driven by a short distance passing game.  This requires persistence and the ability to complete the task before making a mistake, or having a penalty stall the drive.   

17 points won't do it.

16 hours ago, eball said:

I knew the Jets and Giants each had their own "home" locker rooms, but you're saying they have their own visitors' rooms as well?  Seems like a waste...

yea I read it before the Jets game, can't remember where (it was reputable)....pretty weird though right? 

29 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Yea, good luck with that

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We just need to slow him down.  He had a pretty good game against Dallas and the Cowboys still won the game.  Not to mention, we have a better D than Dallas in my opinion.

He's probably going to get his yards; the key is to limit his big plays.  Actually, when I think about the game, if you can force the Giants to beat you by running Saquon 30+ times, then you probably only have to score 17-20 points to win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I think that the Giants are a much better Offense than the Jets and the Bills will have to not turn the ball over to the G-Men and score proficiently to pull out this Road Victory.

The Giants O-Line is improved and I think they will score without the assistance of our giving them the ball haphazardly.    Our Offense seems to be designed around sustained drives driven by a short distance passing game.  This requires persistence and the ability to complete the task before making a mistake, or having a penalty stall the drive.   

17 points won't do it.

I don't want to underestimate an opponent, but I honestly don't agree with your assessment. 

The Giants have been very weak on the O-line last year, and they really have not much to fix it. Golden Tate is still suspended, so they have very little in terms of an outside threat. I have more faith in White and Wallace to hold in single coverage than I am with Milano and Edmunds stopping the run.

If the Bills can get the penetration up the middle that they did last week, I think Eli is in for a bad day.